The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #1
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

where did my post go

I posted in the blazer forum about the attempted theft of my truck and the thread has dissappeared. Why was it deleted? I realize that I also posted in the general discussion, but it is very pertinent to both Blazers and trucks in general. I want to make sure that the Blazer owners in the Seattle area know that there may be people targeting our rigs. Some of the blazer owners might not venture into the general discussion forum. Likewise, I want to make sure that truck owners in the seattle are are vigilant about watching their trucks as well, and they will most likely not venture into the Blazer forum.

So, why was my thread deleted?
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
Old 12-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #2
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

Re: where did my post go

I heeded you recent close call and am taking appropriate precautions to ensure I do not suffer a theft.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
Pop's72
It's ok to stare...

They merged the two posts and left it in General Discussion. It took me some time to find it as I had orginally posted to the thread in this section.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Old 12-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
Huck

That's kind of disappointing as I lot of guys don't go to general discussion!! We need this kind of information 'UP FRONT IN EVERYONE'S FACE' so that perhaps we can prevent another occurance or even better, identification of the alleged purpotrators--and perhaps castration!!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
krue
Designated A-hole!

It's called cross posting and it's against board rules. I didn't merge the threads but I understand why it was done.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

Castrate the perps!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #8
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I understand the cross posting issue, but I also feel it is important information. If I gave the two threads different names, would it still have been cross posting? I'm not trying to push any buttons, just trying to figure out the idiosyncrasies of the forums.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #9
krue
Designated A-hole!

XIV. Multiple Posting - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, private message the forum Moderator and ask if they would move it for you.

That's straight from the forum guidelines.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
krue
Designated A-hole!

As far as all the guys not going to General Discussion, how about checking it out. For example if the above had happened to someone with a new model truck (almost no one goes to those boards), where would he post it to get the most coverage? General Discussion is the one place where all the various groups of owners go (or should go).

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Good point. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #12
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
XIV. Multiple Posting - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, private message the forum Moderator and ask if they would move it for you.

That's straight from the forum guidelines.
wow thats great, so what was his question again, i thought he was letting all the guys with 1st gens know to be on the lookout... good thing this is in the general area...

So the post was about 1st gens getting ripped off and that doesnt best fit in here?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #13
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue
As far as all the guys not going to General Discussion, how about checking it out. For example if the above had happened to someone with a new model truck (almost no one goes to those boards), where would he post it to get the most coverage? General Discussion is the one place where all the various groups of owners go (or should go).
How many online boards are there for newer model trucks...?

What other forums are as popular as this for 1st gen blazers?

" or should go " - - in your opinion, well i dont.. and i dont feel like checking the general discussion... for example, if i did.. this would have been the only thing in there that would ever interest me... i dont come here to bull****, just learn stuff about blazers and let anyone know something they might not but i do..

I think its safe to say this is important for blazer owners, and most of them are in the blazer sections of the forum...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #14
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

I do not ever visit the General board. I only visit the Blazer, 4x4 and sometimes For Sale. Too much time to check everything.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #15
Medicanman71
Account Suspended

Exactly... i'll occasionally check out the 4x4 and pics board too once in a blue moon
Old 12-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #16
krue
Designated A-hole!

My point is that if you only go to these boards and don't check out the general discussion forum your neighbor could be posting that his truck was broken into but YOU WOULDN'T KNOW IT BECAUSE ITS A 75 PU INSTEAD OF A FIRST GEN BLAZER Now what is so freaking complicated about that?

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #17
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I think this one has been explained and is now no longer an issue
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #18
chevy72402
FARMER/RANCHER

I think it is an issue. I think that if it is a blazer issue it should stay in the blazer section then and not in the general. Screw the general discussion and put it where it matters back in the blazer section. let the poor saps that have tons of time on their hands figure out for themselves to keep their stuff safe, and the ones that just check one area let them have the knowledge to do something about it...

this internet policing thing is kind of like being a cop, I understand. there are rules and they are to be followed, but sometimes common sense over rules laws and rules. he wasn't doing it to get post counts or whatever, (unlike alot of people on this board........) but rather give out pertinet (SP?) information. I think it should be posted at the top of every section including his regional area.... IT IS THAT IMPORTANT!!! until you have things stolen from you, you don't realize the shock you go through....... and the thinking that if I had just known....

1972 Chevy Blazer 2wd, tach, tilt, a/c, my first engine overhauling experience, Orange, with white top

2006 Gmc Sierra, XM, Z-71, dark blue, onstar, leather, rear entertainment (audio only) heated seats, (the wife loves that feature) upgraded tires immediately after purchase to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (hate those rock throwers that come from the factory)
BWC
Old 12-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #19
krue
Designated A-hole!

There are 6 times as many people in GD right now than are in this board, it was put where it would do the most good. I didn't merge them, but whoever did it has my full support.

On a further note, it has been done, ya'll complaining will not change it and if you try trolling like Medicanman did you will get a vacation like he did. Quit beating it with a dead horse (as a former boss used to say ) and lets get back to the business of talking blazers.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 12-08-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #20
Bluegoose972

If giving your opinion is enough to get a "VACATION" by the moderator, then go ahead and kick me also.

I've donated to this board in the past and have tried to provide information on what I've learned while learning alot from the other board members, but I don't think it's right when a moderator decides to play "god". The only reason I haven't posted any updates lately is because the truck has been in the paint/body shop for the last five months and I haven't done anything new. Would be a shame to not be able to post all my hard work because I was kicked...but I guess this is the way this board is ran now.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoose972
If giving your opinion is enough to get a "VACATION" by the moderator, then go ahead and kick me also.

I've donated to this board in the past and have tried to provide information on what I've learned while learning alot from the other board members, but I don't think it's right when a moderator decides to play "god". The only reason I haven't posted any updates lately is because the truck has been in the paint/body shop for the last five months and I haven't done anything new. Would be a shame to not be able to post all my hard work because I was kicked...but I guess this is the way this board is ran now.
First: Medicanman was given a vacation for "trolling" in more than one post.

Second: I can not give a vacation whether I feel like god or not, only an admin can give a vacation.

Third: All I do is enforce the rules of this board. Everyone agreed to follow the rules of the board when you clicked on "I agree" when the server changes were put into effect.

Fourth: Any updates and helpful info is more than welcome here. I hope you'll stick around, seeing as this is the best place in the world to talk about old Chevy and GMC's.

Fifth: If you have any issue with me, feel free to pm me or an admin about it.

www.daveramsey.com

93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Closed Thread