The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
NuBomb

Spring Break Progress

Being a schoolteacher, I get all the great holidays. I've only worked on the blazer two days due to the home boss. I did get some stuff done. First day, we took the top off and blocked the spot putty on the passenger quarter. I worked pretty slow that day, so progress was little. after taking the top off and the rubber weatherstripping I found some more rot. On the second day, I ended up removing the rollbar, removing the door lock brace from the old door, sandblasting hood and door hinges, sandblasting the tailgate area of the tub, and putting it all in primer. I'll be working on her again tomorrow and Friday, so I hope to make some more progress. I don't think I'll be edging it out as I hoped to do during this break.
Attached Images

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #2
NuBomb

More pics.
Attached Images

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:42 AM   #3
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
mokie
Mokie

Very nice progress. Where did you get the hood brackets? Don't worry my home boss is the same way. Plus, you've made more progress in 2 days than I have in six months.
mokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Chevy Muscle
< 69 Blazer

I thought were were going to see girls showing us there boobs
Chevy Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
fern

Looks good!
fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Any progress is good, at least that is what I tell myself!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Looks like your making some pretty good progress.. Congrats...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #9
NuBomb

Thanks ya'll. When I got to the shop this morning there was no place for me to work on her, so my buddy said get the fenders and doors and we'll edge them out. I said . After lunch he had to go and pick up a new customers truck and I ended up going with him. Progress slowed, but we'll hopefully edge out the doors, fenders, and tailgate first thing tomorrow morning. We may even paint the insided minus the dash. I'm going to spray the inside with "gravel guard". I thinks it's an additive that we add to the paint to make it thicker and give it kind of a rough texture. I'm not sure about that, but it will be the same color as the rest of the truck. Hopefully I'll have lots of photo opportunities tomorrow. Thanks

Chevy Muscle - I wish.

Mokie - Hood brackets? do you mean the hinges? If so they are the original ones after sandblasting and epoxy primer.

North Georgia Group

Old 04-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
NuBomb

We didn't get as much done as I had hoped today. We weren't able to free-up any paint-booth time, therefore the doors, fenders, and tailgate did not get edged out. We did get the inside minus the dash in paint.
The gravel guard is a spray kind of like Rhino-liner that you spray before color. We cleaned up the bed and floor pan in what could be called "good enough since it will all be covered up" and went ahead and got something done. It went from black "gravel-guard" to grey epoxy primer to silver. It isn't perfect (especially since I did the spraying) but this isn't going to be a garage sitter. My buddy patched up the hole in the door jamb, but time was short and I did not get any pics of that. I guess I was all excited about the silver.
It will be quite a while before this much progress is made in such a short time. I hope to get back at it one Saturday this month and get the dash, door jambs, and doors edged out. That may not happen, but I hope to get them extremely close to that point. I hope to have the whole thing painted by the end of June. Ya Right.
Attached Images

North Georgia Group

Old 04-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #11
71jimmy

Looks good. I never seem to get as much done in a day as I plan either. But progress is progress. Somedays more than others. Are you renting a spray booth? I've heard about that before. I would be interested in doing that when it comes time to paint my Jimmy. How do you go about finding a place to rent? How much does it run?

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #12
NuBomb

No I'm at my buddy's bodyshop. Their shop is pretty full right now and a cusomers newly painted GTO is in the main shop and he was priming some of its parts in the paintbooth. Folks kept stopping by and he was not able to get the parts finished so we could edge out my pieces. Sorry but I don't know anything about renting a paint booth, but I have heard of such things. I think you would have to ask around at some body shops or maybe auto parts stores.

North Georgia Group