The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Question Display...Hud for the LS

I have been doing some reading and looking around on the net for the past several days and have come across something I think some of you may like.
It's a aftermarket HUD display for the OB2 ECU guy's.
You plug it into the ECU connector and it will put your vitals on the windshield like a factory HUD. I think I maybe going to order it and try it out in the truck but I'm waiting on ScanGauge 2 to return my email to see what they have to say about their display. I have it already and it has all the functions this one has. It just isn't bright enough for day time driving.
What do you think? This could do a way with the stock dash altogether!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Display...Hud for the LS

I have a Scangauge II and never had a problem seeing it during the day. Have you tried messing with the brightness settings, or changing the color to something eye-friendly?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Display...Hud for the LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I have a Scangauge II and never had a problem seeing it during the day. Have you tried messing with the brightness settings, or changing the color to something eye-friendly?
BR3W CITY,
I don't have problems with it where it's mounted at in the truck. But I want a HUD effect and it isn't bright enough to show up on the windshield during the day. Night time it look OK but was still very dim. I want more of the HUD effect.

Scan Gauge just sent me a reply back and said they have nothing at the moment but would look into the HUD display idea I suggested.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Display...Hud for the LS

Been messing with my I phone apps and at night this one works pretty good. Day time is another story though. I like the effect and it does seem to keep your eyes on the road at night. The pictures are not the best in the world but you can see how it works. The numbers are very clear looking out the windshield though.
You can set a speed limit and when you go over it the speed turns red to notify you you are speeding. It will also play your music that you have on your phone without swapping it on the phone.

Been messing with my I phone apps and at night this one works pretty good. Day time is another story though. I like the effect and it does seem to keep your eyes on the road at night. The pictures are not the best in the world but you can see how it works. The numbers are very clear looking out the windshield though.
You can set a speed limit and when you go over it the speed turns red to notify you you are speeding. It will also play your music that you have on your phone without swapping it on the phone.

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club