The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
Guss

RnD Fab, LS3, Which radiator hoses?

I have spent a couple of hours on here looking for radiator hose recommendations but have had no luck. As in the title, I have a crate LS3 and an RnD Fab radiator. Having lots of trouble finding radiator hoses. I have been going cross-eyed looking through the Gates catalog also. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
cooperhw

Re: RnD Fab, LS3, Which radiator hoses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
I have spent a couple of hours on here looking for radiator hose recommendations but have had no luck. As in the title, I have a crate LS3 and an RnD Fab radiator. Having lots of trouble finding radiator hoses. I have been going cross-eyed looking through the Gates catalog also. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
What I did when I installed my LS-2 in my Chevelle was measure each opening and make a little sketch. Then I used a soft brazing rod and bent them to the correct angles. Once I got my angles correct I went down to the local parts store and asked if I could look through the hoses. Took about an hour to get two that were close and brought one back for a longer one if I remember.
JMO
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
68shortfleet

I am using an aluminum radiator with stock location and size inlet/outlets with my LS1, so my info may not be relevant to your swap.

A Gates 20931 lower hose fits extremely well for my engine placement.
68shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Did you look in the LS swap forum. That's your best bet.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
Aruba1

I have an LS engine and a stock C20 radiator. For the upper hose I used the stock 2000 Tahoe radiator. I had to apply for some heat to the radiator opening portion as it's wider then the stock tahoe radiator but it worked fine. For the lower radiator hose I went to a local old-fashioned NAPA store and they let me look through all their hoses. I ended up purchasing 3 different hoses and then returned two hoses at a later date. It all worked fine. As long as your RnD radiator has the same diameter ends and same build as a stock radiator, you should be able to use the stock hoses.
Aruba1 is offline   Reply With Quote