The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

She's alive!!!!! & a question!!!!!

So after 2+ years of sitting while deployed. I finally was able to get back after project heaven to attempt to get her running again.

Pulled the fuel tank out of the cab, the fuel was bad and I had an aluminum fuel cell made by fuelcellguy to go under the bed. (Have not mounted the new fuel cell yet)

Replaced fuel pump as the one mounted to the motor was not pumping fuel.
Replaced inline fuel filter...

Ran a rubber hose down into a gas can on the floor...

Still wont fire and run on the fuel from the tank...

So, last night I took the airhorn off of the edelbrock carb last night and as most of you had probably deduced I had a stuck needle valve. Took all the parts off of the airhorn soaked them in a carb cleaner vat for about and hour. Shot them with carb cleaner, wiped them down, reassembled the carb with the newly cleaned an unstuck needle valve and turned the key...

She came alive!!!! Man it was a really really great feeling to here her run again. (Even if she did smog me out of my workshop in about 3 minutes flat!)

So here is the question, I am sure that my "table" cleaning wasnt the greatest and the carb is still somewhat gummed up! If I fire her tonight and get her up to running temp on regular fuel, and then pull the 5 gallon fuel can and replace the 5 gallon can with a 1 gallon can with a full can of seafoam in Premium fuel and then run it until the gas can is empty, do you think it will help clean the rest of the carb out enough for it to idle a little better?
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
nate_g_2003

Re: She's alive!!!!! & a question!!!!!

I don't think you'd need to spend the extra money on Premium. If you are going to add Seafoam, just go with some new/fresh, regular grade gas.
2005 Ford F150 Lariat SCrew 2WD "The Daily Driver" SOLD
1995 GMC Sierra C1500 SLE "The Daily Driver"SOLD
2003 Ford Ranger Edge 2DSC 2WD Flareside "The Daily Driver/Project"SOLD
nate_g_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
bruceman1968

Tex, Sorry I can't help you on your question but I did want to jump in here and say Welcome Home!! It's good to have you back in the states and thanks for all you have done for us.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_g_2003 View Post
I don't think you'd need to spend the extra money on Premium. If you are going to add Seafoam, just go with some new/fresh, regular grade gas.
Well I run premium gas in my quads and dirt bikes and have 10 or 15 gallons of fresh gas laying around the shop so the only money is for the seafoam... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
Tex, Sorry I can't help you on your question but I did want to jump in here and say Welcome Home!! It's good to have you back in the states and thanks for all you have done for us.
No worries, it is good to be home and hearing her run again was amazing!
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote