The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
mikewarme

69 gmc 396 carb

Hi guys. Got my motor finished up. I went with the original block .040 over and sourced a 396 Steel "Truck crank". Forged Dome top pistons and a Torque camshaft. I have 112cc heads which I rebuild again.

For those of you that don't know my first motor which i had done 5 years ago made it only 50 miles I just installed it a year ago when starting all paint work and finally started driving her when she went .

So back to square 1!

My question is who has a good handle on carb selections that could make a suggestion to me. I have a nice carb that came from a 70 402 truck that could be used or can somebody suggest something better that could be used without changing the manifold? My concern for a newer carb would be mileage and fuel mixture. I hate a stinky truck. This truck is a 3/4 ton so shes a hauler not a race car.

Any pointers??

BTW the original carb had cracked main jet ports (cracked body where the plugs go). So it was rendered useless.

The donor carb I have is # 7040509

Thanks Guys!!
mikewarme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
mikewarme

Re: 69 gmc 396 carb

Bump
Posted via Mobile Device
mikewarme is offline   Reply With Quote