The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
drivethechevy

68 k-10 project "rehab"

Many of you have probly seen another build thread for this truck, somehow it got deleted so here is the revised and resized build thread from my k10.
I picked this truck up on trade from a guy who was trying to help out a the previous owner who had goten into drugs and had really done some damage to the truck, and i have been using it as my own rehab to help keep me away from my friends that i used to party with (hence the name project rehab) i have been completely clean since a week before i got the truck home!
i traded a 1963 dodge custom 880 that was known to my friends as the lowrider for the truck, after me and my dad did the 2 day trip to pickup the truck i started the taredown, by striping out the nasty old interior
Once i got the glove box open i found out this truck was a nice optiond truck when it was new(body paint stripe, 4spd, cst,blue vinyl trim,ac-all weather,pickup box floor, frt wheel lock hubs,62 amp delcotron gen, 327 v8, medium blue paint,oil bath air cleaner, am-oil gauge,radio push button, side trim, rear shock absorber, and tinted glass)
My original plan was to get the truck running and driving by my 18th bday which was back in january, but one thing allways leads to another and now im hoping to have it rolling and able to start the motor just by turning the key for my high school graduation party
Plans for the truck are to clean up and repair all the suspension and the frame, i am building a 383 that i scored from a friends dad to power the truck, i have all the interior parts minus a seat to have black interior so thats the route im going, i also custom painted and added a tach to a spare am-oil cluster and that will be going in, i am going to get a new non ac cab that is rust free and straight to replace the original cab, i am keeping the 68 front clip, i am leaving the original sm465 and the rockwell t221 t-case, i am swaping out the original closed nuckle dana 44 front with an open nuckle 44, and i loosing the newer rearend for a matced rear out of the same truck the front axle is out of, the gear ratio is gonna be 3.73 and i am going to run 70-80's truck rallies with 31x10.5 at least untill i can locate some nice original 68 4x4 hubcabs to go with the original rims i have
Someday i would like to return it to original option wise but right now thats out of my budget.
anyways here are the photos

1971 chevy k10 custom deluxe
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341257
1968 chevy k/10 fleet
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334731
1948 desoto custom coupe fluid drive(family heirloom)

Last edited by drivethechevy; 03-29-2009 at 11:28 PM.
drivethechevy is offline   Reply With Quote