The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
eighteenninetytwo

Qyuick tailgate check.

1976 GMC Jimmy tailgate components shoudl be the same as a 1975 Blazer tailgate components - right? Pick n pull n pull just got one in about 50 miles away. lunchtime road trip coming up.
eighteenninetytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Qyuick tailgate check.

I don't think they ever changed, other than trim. Did you bring it home?

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
eighteenninetytwo

Well there IS a tale. i headed up there at lunchtime -the drive turned out to be 62 miles. Paid my $2 to get in from my pocket and went in with my tools. Found the vehicle and started taking parts from the tailgate. After I'd been there about 5 minutes someone else arrived and looked a bit miffed that I was scalping it (if its anyone on here i apologize) as he wanted the entire tailgate. Anhooo, long after an hour i was done then I realized at THAT point that i had left my wallet at work. F^$&.... F^%&.... and F^%& again !!!!!
The people wouldn't accept paypal and wouldn't let me layaway the items for two hours either. The guy who wanted the tailgate came by at that point and saw the picknpull manager tell me to take the parts back to the truck until i had money. I basically had to lose him amongst the cars and I stashed the parts under a honda civic, marking the location on a map like some pirates treasure hoard. In the end I got the access cover, window winder mechanism, the entire regulator assembly and a couple of other window related internals I don't know the name of but aren't on mine. Long day but worth it and quite fun actually.
eighteenninetytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteenninetytwo View Post
Well there IS a tale. i headed up there at lunchtime -the drive turned out to be 62 miles. Paid my $2 to get in from my pocket and went in with my tools. Found the vehicle and started taking parts from the tailgate. After I'd been there about 5 minutes someone else arrived and looked a bit miffed that I was scalping it (if its anyone on here i apologize) as he wanted the entire tailgate. Anhooo, long after an hour i was done then I realized at THAT point that i had left my wallet at work. F^$&.... F^%&.... and F^%& again !!!!!
The people wouldn't accept paypal and wouldn't let me layaway the items for two hours either. The guy who wanted the tailgate came by at that point and saw the picknpull manager tell me to take the parts back to the truck until i had money. I basically had to lose him amongst the cars and I stashed the parts under a honda civic, marking the location on a map like some pirates treasure hoard. In the end I got the access cover, window winder mechanism, the entire regulator assembly and a couple of other window related internals I don't know the name of but aren't on mine. Long day but worth it and quite fun actually.
lol on hiding the parts. I did something similar this summer, found a Rancho suspension on a K5 but only had some basic tools with me. I wasn't about to leave it, so I called a bud and sat there for an hour pretending to pull it until he showed up with the big wrenches. And it is fun, that particular day I didn't need a thing, just went to see what was there and got a nice score.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote