The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
steve boegel

I finally found a truck!!!!

Hi All

I have been lurking around here for a while now while I hunted around for a project truck,as there is not much to choose from here in the salt belt,until fri when a 64 c-10 long fleet showed up in the truck trader,I could not make the 3 hr drive to go look at it till sun am and I was sure it woud be sold by then as he was only asking 1850.oo or bo ,the owner made it sound pretty good on the phone but I figured if he still had it it was not as good as he was making it out to be.Well it turned out to be a 64 c-10 custom cab long fleet with a big back window, 6, 3speed,and it was still running with just over 40,000 original miles! no brakes,bad front fenders and outer rockers,cab supports that needed to be replaced and dents accumulated in the last 19 yrs while it was unlicensed,but still in use on a farm.It had a little more rust than I really felt like fixing but you have to expect that around here and I have fixed a lot worse!!So after a bit of haggling a deal was worked out for 1575.00 delivered to my place,as I mentioned 3 hrs away.So after months of looking foe a 60 -66 truck I ended up with one in my drive way on Sun .eve.I will be throwing some questions at you guys in the next while as i formulate my plan of attack which will be basically as follows:disc brakes(I already have a 72 parts truck) power steering,header, probably 2 carbs and a 5spd tranny,rebuild the front end springs shocks etc,clean up the body and a coat of black suede as I have no intention of building a show truck,it will be used as a truck for parts chasin firewood pullig the other projects home(like I need any more lol!)I fially feel like part of the group now and the next time my brother is uot we will take some pics with the digital camere and get them posted.

Steve
steve boegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
dubie

YES!! PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS !!!! Please

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
Iron-Butt
454 club

Now the fun begins, I mean work. Welcome from Texas.
1963 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl automatic with dual exhaust, pb, ps and 17's.
R.I.P "I will miss you.
1967 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl Custom lwb
1939 Chevrolet Coupe, 350 v8 automatic.
1935 Chevrolet 2 Dr Standard in the works.
2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide.
2023 Chevrolet Stingray Z51 Convertible.

I never want to grow up.
Iron-Butt is offline   Reply With Quote