The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
1950 GMC

S-10 Conversion Questions

1. For the guys who built there own cab mounts are any of you guys using the orginal factory front bed mounts? I read the AG instructions and it said to cut them off, and I just wanted to confirm.

2. Does anyone have good mock up photos of how they did the motor mounts, and raditor mounts? I'm planning on installing a flat fire wall with no notch for the distributor if I can get away with it. I hope I dont have to use a *****in' firewall as I personally like a flat smooth firewall better. JMO...

3. What is the difference between the GMC and Chevy front fenders for a 1950? I would like to purchase some new front fenders and I found some Chevy fiberglass ones for a good price. I 'm going to be using the GMC grille no matter what so can I use the chevy fenders?

4. Last question. When I got my truck the front was completly disassembled and I was wondering what parts am I missing? I will list the all stuff I have. 2front fenders, hood, outer grille (goes around the grille), and the grille. Thats it...

Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks,
Garrett

My 1950 GMC Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=351867
My 1950 GMC Photobucket Account:
http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss95/1950GMC/
1950 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote