The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
nds1968

sway bar mount?

I have a 1967 C10 frame with no sway bar mounts. I am going to be installing a front sway bar. I am running 2" dropped springs with CPP dropped modular spindles and PB forward control arms.

So do I need the factory height mounts or the lowered(closer to the frame) aftermarket mounts? Thanks, Nate

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
LEEVON

Re: sway bar mount?

Of those choices, the lowered mounts are what you want...however you can also just mount the bushing brackets directly to the frame depending on your specific geometry. Mock it up first with some clamps so you don't waste your $$$. I've found with the say bars that what I think is going to work doesn't usually...have to be flexible (haha).

Stock bar or aftermarket? Beware the CPP bar hit my drag link on my very low '71 which caused the pitman arm to get destroyed. The factory ones have a bend that clears better.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
nds1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Of those choices, the lowered mounts are what you want...however you can also just mount the bushing brackets directly to the frame depending on your specific geometry. Mock it up first with some clamps so you don't waste your $$$. I've found with the say bars that what I think is going to work doesn't usually...have to be flexible (haha).

Stock bar or aftermarket? Beware the CPP bar hit my drag link on my very low '71 which caused the pitman arm to get destroyed. The factory ones have a bend that clears better.
Thanks LEEVON

I bought a Musclebar from Craigslist. http://www.ridetech.com/store/1963-1...musclebar.html I just read through the directions on the ridetech website and they say to attach the bushing directly to the frame rail Thanks Nate

Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
oldno7

Hello
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
oldno7

Sorry how about some pics guys i dont want to drill the wrong holes Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
nds1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
Sorry how about some pics guys i dont want to drill the wrong holes Thanks
Do you plan on using the sway bar frame mounts or are you going to bolt the bushing bracket directly to the frame?

Check out these links
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=274962
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486213

Last edited by nds1968; 05-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
oldno7

Guess I'm not sure what the frame mounts are. I bought everything from porter built and have asked for installation info but there to busy. So im looking for pics for my 67 it has a static drop of 4.5/6 Its tore apart right now and i would like to find out if i need to wait to put the sway bar on or if i can go ahead and do it it has no motor front end or tranny (no weight) on the front Any help would be good.Ive red you need to drill holes in the frame im not sure thats correct and don't want to drill holes now and when i put things back together its wrong because of the added wait Im not trying to steal someone thread just trying to get some info to help everyones
Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
nds1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
Guess I'm not sure what the frame mounts are. I bought everything from porter built and have asked for installation info but there to busy. So im looking for pics for my 67 it has a static drop of 4.5/6 Its tore apart right now and i would like to find out if i need to wait to put the sway bar on or if i can go ahead and do it it has no motor front end or tranny (no weight) on the front Any help would be good.Ive red you need to drill holes in the frame im not sure thats correct and don't want to drill holes now and when i put things back together its wrong because of the added wait Im not trying to steal someone thread just trying to get some info to help everyones
Read through this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=72338 It should answer a lot of your questions. Everyone's truck is different in most cases. Different suspension parts such as lowered spindles, dropped springs or air bags. Also people are mounting different style sway bars so every application can be done differently.