The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

So what have you regretted about selling one?

I guess what I wanna kno is how do you know how much you will regret getting rid of something... BEFORE you actually sell it. As some of you know I sold my Blazer about a month ago. Well during the time it was advertised I had some people offering to buy my 87' SWB. I've always said that I would never sell it... but the offers are getting harder to turn down. I don't need to get rid of it... and I've been second guessing myself the more I think about it. SOOOOOOOO... any advice as what you guys have experience?!?

Anthony

Last edited by CLASSIC87'; 08-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
cableguy0

Re: So what have you regretted about selling one?

If you dont want to and dont need to then dont. If keeping it wont cause problems I say keep it otherwise there probably will be regrets.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
camshaftgsxr

I wouldn't sell until you no longer enjoy it I have a friend that has traded away many many nice cars and one stepside square and he hates himself for it

If you have to ask anyone whether you should sell or not you are not ready to sell so keep the truck
When the fun is gone the car should follow, I look at customs as important personal possessions, when you no longer have the time or money to treat it right it's time to find it a home, however if it's just transportation find a high bidder and sell it for profit
Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
karl

I regret my father selling my 70 mach 1 when i was 17. I worked and paid for it and he sold it. I got a beat up 73 bug in return that the engine blew up soon after. I regret selling my S&W 686 that has doubled in price since.
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
trevor73402

Well, I can relate to this as I've bought and sold many nice vehicles myself. I was on the fence about selling a K5 that I had, but a guy was wanting to look at it and offered me a good price for it so I said ok. It really hit me when he got there and took it for a "test" drive. When I seen him in it and it was pulling out of my driveway I knew that I wasn't ready to part with it. When he got back I told him sorry that I wasn't ready to sell. It's kinda like a girlfriend that your not sure if you want anymore....let someone else take her out and she really starts looking alot better and you realize you might want to hang on to her. Hell, I ended up selling that K5 anyway a few weeks later, but I had already found something that I wanted to replace it with so it wasn't so bad.
2008 F250 CC 4x4 King Ranch 6" lift on 37's (Spartan-ized!!)
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Orange
2008 HD StreetGlide
2007 HD Custom Fatboy
1980 Suburban (will be for sale or trade soon).
trevor73402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

If I ever sell my 78, I won't sell it for what it's actually worth.... It will be sold for way more than it's actually worth. I'd only sell it for enough cash to buy something else I like JUST AS MUCH or better. I turned down an offer on mine for $13K, and I only has 12k in it at the time.... I don't regret it one little bit either.... It would cost me like $25k to buy a newer truck I liked as good as I like this one... so unless someone offers me 20-25K, which is unlikely, it'll stay right here with me.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

On the flip side of that, I am actually buying back one of the cars I sold that I really miss. I knew almost instantly it was a mistake, and have been trying to buy it back for nearly 10 years. There was a good editorial in Hemmings Muscle Machines this month about this, too. I say if you don't need to let it go, don't.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Matt Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 Chevyrado View Post
If I ever sell my 78, I won't sell it for what it's actually worth.... It will be sold for way more than it's actually worth. I'd only sell it for enough cash to buy something else I like JUST AS MUCH or better. I turned down an offer on mine for $13K, and I only has 12k in it at the time.... I don't regret it one little bit either.... It would cost me like $25k to buy a newer truck I liked as good as I like this one... so unless someone offers me 20-25K, which is unlikely, it'll stay right here with me.
no one has offered me 13k for mine but until someone offers me enough money to where i can buy a new truck that will replace mine its staying with me. New duallys are around 55k.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If the money is right, you won't regret it.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Hubscrub
Cruzin

i've never sold anything just about everything my dad and sister has sold has ended up wrecked beyond repair after the chevelle, the camaro, as far as i know the 71 truck is still alive

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #11
shimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Man View Post
no one has offered me 13k for mine but until someone offers me enough money to where i can buy a new truck that will replace mine its staying with me. New duallys are around 55k.
No way i'd ever sell that dually of yours. That's nice.

I regreted selling every one I have sold. SO there you go, experience. If you are not 100% ready to get rid of it, just don't want it anymore period, don't sell it.
1982 Chevy C30 Crew Cab 2wd LWB - Beater Truck
(I have more!) Too many to list!
shimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #12
boatpuller

"follow your heart grasshopper"

Iv'e turned downed several offers.It's not about money.I bought this because it's what i wanted.Iv'e thought about selling and using it as money towards an older show truck. cough, err. ummm.I'd like a early 50's ford f100......I like going to shows.but,I dislike having the newest machine there....but man,I enjoy cruisin around in this truck.

just think it over........you'll have to live with it.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #13
JohnC

Sell it to me and I'll let you come down and visit it.

Each person is different. My cousin can sell a car and not think twice about it. No matter how long he has had it, or how much work he has done on it. He enjoys building them more than owning them. He is always looking for the next project.

I on the other hand get attached to them. Just about every vehicle I have owned I regret selling in some way or another. I can tell you what I would do, or how I would feel, but it's really up to you and what you are wanting to do afterwards.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

Thanks for the input guys... one of the only reasons I was going to let it go was because the price was right. I do love the truck alot and it will take some to pry it away from me. I was already doing some shopping and looking into a Chevelle... or wait till I get my dads 1959 Dodge 2dr Coronet; ultimatley that is the car I want in the end. So I kinda have it in my head already that if the right offer comes around... I will let it go. The individual who was interested has decided to pass onto something that is more of a DD... in which I totally understand. I did actually get it out Saturday and waxed then cruised in it for awhile... and it did feel good!
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Been offered $10k for my truck just after I put the first system in it a couple years ago. I'd only had it a couple months at that point, but turned it down. I knew that the truck was going to be something special and now I'm glad I didn't let it go. Now that I don't drive it that much I have been thinking about selling it to pay for the body/paint on the '54, but I can never bring myself to do it...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote