The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
TripleZero

New guy from NW Arkansas

Been kinda lurking for awhile, finally got the c10 I've been trying to get my hands on for the past 5-6 years.
It's an 86 long bed. My wife's grandparents bought it new in jan of 86(same month/year my wife was born), shortly after meeting them I noticed it sitting behind their house under a port and asked if them about it. They said they'd never thought about getting rid of it and still used it around the property. Well about 2-3 years ago the infamous gas tank rust shut it down and it sat. Due to their declining health, they never had the time, finances, or means to fixing it. Well in april, My father in law tells me they'd like to give me the truck, they knew I've been wanting it and they wanted someone that would really appreciate the truck. So after a 20 hour drive back in May, we hauled her back here from Mississippi. I swapped out the tank for a new one and she fired up with a shot of starting fluid and I've been driving it since.
I plan to plant it flat on the rockers on some 22's. But that's way down the road. I have too many other projects at the moment and I'm just enjoying driving it.
It's a 305 with a turbo 350, cruise, tilt, power steering, a/c.
Ok, enough of the story, here's the pix

Dash

Seat and interior

82000 original miles

Where she sat for a few years

On the trailer

At it's new home

Lookin forward to soaking in the vast amount of knowledge and any tips you guys have for me along the way.
TripleZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
1ATony

Re: New guy from NW Arkansas

I love the body style on these trucks.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
kingman14

Re: New guy from NW Arkansas

Welcome! I just bought a '69 swb stepside. I just moved to hardy, AR from north Georgia about 2 and a half months ago.
kingman14 is offline   Reply With Quote