The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
badriand

Rear air ride

Is anyone using bags on the back in place of the coils with manual fills instead of compressor? Tried doing a search but keep getting this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/admin69/public_html/vboard/search.php on line 1160
badriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
kieth

Re: Rear air ride

I am, it is easy and inexpensive.........I just wanted to be able to control the rear ride height. Cost about $200.00 Kieth

I have since found lower cost suppliers "suicide doors" and I did not need both the large brackets shown, I am replacing the lower bracket with a flat plate. Call me if you want to discuss. Kieth 918-446-2245 I do not sell this stuff am just a user.

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Trucks/66-G...69_F57bG-X2-LB

all you need is some air line and a schrader valve, I placed the valve on the frame behind the front tire.....

Look down at the left hand corner of this picture that is where we now have the schrader valve for airing up the rear suspension. After we install the bed we may move to to the rear of the truck by the lisc plate.

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Trucks/66-G...459_TEXEE-A-LB

Last edited by kieth; 06-23-2011 at 09:35 AM.
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

air bags are quite normal here, most do all 4 but you can do the rear only, better for towing and working that static ( spring) drops.

My plan is to do the rear also since I occasionally will tow a trailer. I got some prices here from Johns rod shop and others, look at the suspension forum and they usually have a small "specials" category for you to look at the vendors offerings, you can contact those vendors and ask any questions you may have at them.

Oh, by the way, we here on the forum are picture hoes, please post a picture of your project, we would love to see it!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
badriand

thx,
badriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Mackie

I posted recently about doing the very same rear airbag install. I wanted to know what people thought about the new SS series of bags from Slam Specialties because I had read some negative comments elsewhere on forums. Nobody seemed to know.

I understand you should seperate the left and right (use 2 schrader valves). L&R joined by a "T" can transfer bag pressure in an extended curve in the road.
Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
jimmydean

There was a special on a manual fill kit from one of our many awesome site vendors in the suspension marketplace. It's very easy to do and is cheap, too.

I will never run a static drop again after my first bagged truck. The difference in ride quality is amazing.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
I posted recently about doing the very same rear airbag install. I wanted to know what people thought about the new SS series of bags from Slam Specialties because I had read some negative comments elsewhere on forums. Nobody seemed to know.

I understand you should seperate the left and right (use 2 schrader valves). L&R joined by a "T" can transfer bag pressure in an extended curve in the road.
Correct. Without separating the 2 sides, the inherent 'lean' when taking a corner is multiplied because the the bag getting compressed on the inside forces the air to the opposite side.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
vgnope

Picture hoes.. Tooo funny
Posted via Mobile Device
vgnope is offline   Reply With Quote