The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
chip46wis

last post-----

Probably my last post here----6 years ago I started building my 69 stepside and I found this site which has been helpful and I made some very good friends here.
Thanks to all that offered good advice.
Thanks to all that were there for non truck related things---good and bad.
As with any large group such as this every type of person is represented and some will have different opinions than others.
I had good times building the truck and many not so good,I cant count the times I was going to crush it into the ground totally frustrated with wrong parts,stupid mistakes and countless hours trying to figure out some things.
I can only guess 1800 -2000 hours in actual work on the truck including parts chasing to junkyards and parts houses.
I had many hot cars in the past,2 different 69 Z-28s 3 corvettes 3 BB chevelles, 2 67 novas, 1 shelby GT500 ect ect.
This one ,was different----I DID IT!!
I stripped it to the frame and brought it all the way back up.I did have the motor assembled by a 33 year veteran of a machine shop--is that different than a crate motor? no I tried to stitch the upholstery and ruined a lot of material and thread and needles. A friend assisted me with finishing it.Paint -wiring-assembly ect ect were all my doing and while its not a show stopper I have had MANY compliments on my accomplishment.
I am now selling it on Ebay as 99% finished as I am taking care of my 91 year old mother now diagnosed with cancer on top of taking care of my disabled wife and trying to raise a wonderful 16 year son.
I just dont have the time anymore to finish it and its time to let it go.
I offer my sincere best wishes to all here. Goodbye
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: last post-----

I understand your life demands have become very heavy. I'm sorry for those things and that you can't stay the course with a project you have put so much into. You can always drop in for a visit from time to time. I'd hate to think you'd never be back. We'll always be here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

My hat is off to you for attempting to take care of your mom instead of stuffing her in a home. Too many people do that just becouse they don't want the hassle. If and when her condition gets too much, that's whan assisted living is a great place.
Like I said, My hat is off to you and you get tons of respect from me. Raising a 16 year old and caring for a disabled spouse on top of that, you must be a saint.
Family first.
Hobby second.
Good luck with your very full plate. We'll be here if you ever want to step back in, for a moment, or for a while.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Wish it could be better for ya mate, I really do....take care of yourself & your family.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
My hat is off to you for attempting to take care of your mom instead of stuffing her in a home. Too many people do that just becouse they don't want the hassle. If and when her condition gets too much, that's whan assisted living is a great place.
Like I said, My hat is off to you and you get tons of respect from me. Raising a 16 year old and caring for a disabled spouse on top of that, you must be a saint.
Family first.
Hobby second.
Good luck with your very full plate. We'll be here if you ever want to step back in, for a moment, or for a while.
Words of wisdom spoken here... chip46wis you can still pop in and hopefully in time you will be in a position to buy another 67-72 C10 or maybe GMC. Best wishes.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Keep your chin up.Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get through.I will pray that God gives you the peace and strength to deal with all that is going on in your life.Stop in and vist,you will need down time from all that is happening.There'll be another project down the road just waiting for you to use the skills you have developed.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
flashed

Being a caregiver is very tough on a person ,be sure and take care of yourself as well as your mom and wife .Been there and done that , you need a break from time to time .Stress kills caregivers too so get help when available if available ,best wishes to you and the family .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
big_al_71

good luck to you!!!!

hope that everything works out for the best

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #9
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.

Hope God helps to take care of your problems, man. I know there's people that don't believe there's a being out there bigger than the universe, but still doesn't hurt to ask him for help. And, remember, help sometimes is indirect.

One more thing, you may not have time to visit this site often but your name is never "deleted." Once a member always a member. I found that out after I was gone for about 15 years and refound the site. (check "zmire")
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Hubscrub
Cruzin

best of luck, check back anytime somebody will be here God Bless you and your family.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
slikside

Many sentiments posted.....all of them good. Just hang in there man. Best of luck to you and yours!
slikside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Since my truck project started in '06, I've buried my dad and my mother-in-law, and just a week ago, my best friend. I can understand your feelings and your burden. You do what you must and I pray that you have friends nearby to help hold you up, when you need 'em. You're right about this site...it's family.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote