The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
ts71281

I need help with picking out a big block header before I lose my mind!

I've put similar posts out like this before and have never gotten a straight shootin' answer. I just need some help here from someone who has done this ahead of me.

My truck is a '70 C10, using factory correct engine perches and motor mounts from a '70 C10. The motor fits great, everything lines up as it should so on and so forth.

Here's the problem. I cannot for the life of me find a set of big block headers for my truck that meet 2 criteria.

1. It must fit on both sides, not just 1. (I'm on my 2nd set from hedman now)
2. I am running a 4 speed Muncie, so I want to retain my factory mechanical clutch linkage hardware. Every dang header has the #7 primary in the way of my z-bar.

Is there anyone out there that can say "Hey, I used X header with my big block truck that has a manual transmission and it fit perfectly!" ?

Money isn't even an issue, I'd pay a grand right now to get a premium set that fit like a glove. The flowtechs I had were junk, I threw them away. The hedman's fit fine on the drivers side, but both headers they've sent me keep hitting the frame rail on the passenger side. I don't want to cut away at my frame. They've got all the space in the world under these trucks, and they move the collector way to the outside in outer space. If they swung it in an inch and up a 1/2 inch, it'd fit perfect.

PLEASE, anyone who can give me insight it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sick of working on this thing and want to drive it. I'm about >< that far from putting manifolds back on.
ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote