The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
Touchdown67

Trans. hump drink holders

I remember back in the day when it seamed like every truck or car had a sand filled bag with a couple of drink holders on the floor sitting on the transmission hump. I can't seem to find one or even a picture of one. Does anyone still have one of these in use? I would love to find a nice used or even a new one of these for my ride.
Touchdown67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Trans. hump drink holders

Back in the 60’s and 70’s I had several of the plastic/sandbag litter containers, but I don’t remember any similar cup holders. And back then they were around a dollar or two. Even with inflation $20-$25 for one now seems ridiculously over priced. Did the style you’re looking for look anything like this, or was it some completely different design? A more refined description of what it looked like might make it easier to search for one.

http://www.elcaminostore.com/el-cami...sket-gray.html

I’m currently using one of the cheap plastic cup/junk holders. Not much to look at but it works well. I believe it was made for a bench seat. Even without sandbags it doesn’t move around.

markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote