The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

Question Tow Hook Collection for sale ..... maybe???

Been thinking about selling all my 67-72 tow hooks. Do you guys think this is a good time, or hold onto them a little longer?

They are sorta becoming my 401K for the future.

Guess I'll wait.
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: Tow Hook Collection for sale ..... maybe???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72longbed View Post
Been thinking about selling all my 67-72 tow hooks. Do you guys think this is a good time, or hold onto them a little longer?

They are sorta becoming my 401K for the future.

Guess I'll wait.
Really depends on your situation and how many you have! Post a pic or give a count of each style and someone can help with the going rate for a total...
Mike
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #3
Blazerowner

I would be interested in the extreme bend if you have them.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
70cst

In my opinion these will go up in value but just not sure how much. I don't think these will ever be repoped ....

JMHO

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
truckdude239

guys this is not a forsale thread please keep all sells to the sells threads

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
67chevemall

Please post a picture!! A bunch together would be sexy stuff!

67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
72longbed
Account Suspended

Didn't sell anything or even offer to sell anything in this Thread. I know how and where to do that very well.

It's a 'discussion' .... and that's why I posted it in this Message Board Forum.

I joined this Site to be able to share my passion for the 67-72 trucks, and to be enriched by those that share the same passions. Am I to feel that I can't discuss these things now??

Wow .... things have really changed from the 'good ole days' on here.

Thanks .... I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
leddzepp

Quote:
Didn't sell anything or even offer to sell anything in this Thread. I know how and where to do that very well.

It's a 'discussion' .... and that's why I posted it in this Message Board Forum.

I joined this Site to be able to share my passion for the 67-72 trucks, and to be enriched by those that share the same passions. Am I to feel that I can't discuss these things now??

Wow .... things have really changed from the 'good ole days' on here.

Thanks .... I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
If you read the response by another member it's obvious he is not addressing you.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
tommys72

Nothing you did...its cause someone said they'd be interested, which made it appear as a for sale ad. Its nothing you did, you simply asked a question.

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
TBONE1964
Cluster King

"Been thinking about selling all my 67-72 tow hooks"

Translation to most men is "selling all my 67-72 tow hooks"

If I see the word "selling" and the word "tow hooks" in the same sentence it would be easy to assume you are interested in selling tow hooks.

My take on the OP's post was he was interested in a value of the said tow hooks in which we have a WIW (what it's worth) section.

This will happen without fail if the word "selling is used in any sentence.

No to mention the title of the thread "Tow Hook Collection for sale....maybe???" That title is suggestive also.

Just my mid afternoon thoughts.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
72longbed
Account Suspended

Wink Re: Tow Hook Collection for sale ..... maybe???

Thanks Tbone for your "read" on me ... but dead wrong.

You know what 'Assuming' does.

No, my thoughts are more to the economic conditions and indicators lately. Since owning my first 72 in 9/2001, I have observed the trends pertaining to those items which seem to be valued most highly by our 'kind' (67-72 nuts like me), ... and have seen a steady rise through most markets. Better than Gold actually.

Even when there have been multiple 'hard times' and the most dedicated of members put their 'babies' up for sale, or left the ranks of our membership ... these certain few items never lost their value, but actually increased in value.

Interesting subject and study for the 'economists' amoung us, how Tow Hooks and 8 Lug Dana 44's hold a 'steadier' value than diamonds and gold have.

That's all .... just observing out loud.

Thanks,
72longbed
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
wgeyer88

I haven't been around these trucks for more than a few years, so my experience on the historical value of parts is non-existent. Actually, my experience on the prices of trucks are also non-existent for that matter.

From what I've heard when watching Barrett-Jackson (I know, I know...), the commentators always mention that C-10's are "hot" right now. Does this mean that the average price of our trucks are higher than they've traditionally been? I''m assuming that parts are also increased as a result? Are they going to stay high, or come down after a few years?

What are your thoughts on the trend of c10 part prices in general?

Just some things to think about. Like I said, I have no experience with prices, just thinking out loud.

1970 CST10 SWB LQ4/4L80E
2004 Silverado (sold)
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500
wgeyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

I'm going to give an example of waiting too long for the market.

15X8 5 lug hubcap rims would have sell for around $125 a piece or more on this board (not many sold over the years).
Now they are remanufactured for about $86 by a company that has watered the market with them causing anyone holding onto these to have wasted their time and space.

Same thing will happen with the 15X8 6 Lug versions soon if it already hasnt.

Some people will still want the original ones but most people will save the money for the knockoffs.

On a lighter note...
So many people appreciate the pictures people post on here, I think they would appreciate you posting a picture of such a valuable set of items.

We still havent got to speaking about their value on this post. Condition is a BIG part and seeing them will allow for consideration. I know we all know what they look like but it always a factor due to the heavy truck versions and other close types of hooks out there being sold.
Hopefully I added to the conversation.
Mike
Old 06-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #14
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Thanks Tbone for your "read" on me ... but dead wrong.

You know what 'Assuming' does.

No, my thoughts are more to the economic conditions and indicators lately. Since owning my first 72 in 9/2001, I have observed the trends pertaining to those items which seem to be valued most highly by our 'kind' (67-72 nuts like me), ... and have seen a steady rise through most markets. Better than Gold actually.

Even when there have been multiple 'hard times' and the most dedicated of members put their 'babies' up for sale, or left the ranks of our membership ... these certain few items never lost their value, but actually increased in value.

Interesting subject and study for the 'economists' amoung us, how Tow Hooks and 8 Lug Dana 44's hold a 'steadier' value than diamonds and gold have.

That's all .... just observing out loud.

Thanks,
72longbed
Not really a "read" on you sir but I think a lot of people would "assume" by the way your thread is titled that you have tow hooks for sale. And yes i am very well aware of what"assuming" does

I now understand more of your meaning for your thread and ask the same questions but more on the gauge cluster side. In my business, there are times I could not sell a tach cluster to save my butt, but if it is a speed warning with a NOS wood grain bezel it is "gold" even in the worst economic times. Would it be a good time for you to sell your tow hooks is more of a question that will get many different answers. Did you see the sale on ebay for the NOS speed warning speedometer head (head only) FOR OVER $1,000.00? I wonder about the buyer and what he will do with it. Will this part be worth $2,000.00 in 10 yrs from now? If you have the last known set of extreme bend tow hooks, how much are they worth?

Should I sell my 72 Cheyenne in Michigan before I move to Oregon because I can get two of the same truck in Oregon for the money I could sell one in Michigan for?

With that said maybe I am still missing your point which is the main reason I generally keep my mouth shut and don't chime in on threads that don't have any benefit to me personally. Please understand that I am commenting in general and it is nothing personal on my end.

Take care,
Tom

Old 06-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #15
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post

15X8 5 lug hubcap rims would have sell for around $125 a piece or more on this board (not many sold over the years).
Now they are remanufactured for about $86 by a company that has watered the market with them causing anyone holding onto these to have wasted their time and space.

Some people will still want the original ones but most people will save the money for the knockoffs.

On a lighter note...
So many people appreciate the pictures people post on here, I think they would appreciate you posting a picture of such a valuable set of items.

We still havent got to speaking about their value on this post. Condition is a BIG part and seeing them will allow for consideration. I know we all know what they look like but it always a factor due to the heavy truck versions and other close types of hooks out there being sold.
Mike
Good points Mike,

For the same reason it is near impossible to sell a restored "GM" tach cluster when companies/vendors have aftermarket tach conversion kits for less than $200.00. It makes the value of the "original" drop a lot. How many people really care if it is "original" or aftermarket as long as it looks nice and functions as it should?

And yes, we all love photos.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #16
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: Tow Hook Collection for sale ..... maybe???

Good discussion!! Thanks to all who are contributing!!

Well one good thing, I guess, is that the 'hobby' we all chose has an upside to it other than just "big boys and their toys" as some would label us. I'm not involved in this world as a 'living' and don't derive any income from it .... but just the same ... I'm glad I didn't go Ape poop for Beanie Babies or something like that!!

72longbed
Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Quote:
Good discussion!! Thanks to all who are contributing!!

Well one good thing, I guess, is that the 'hobby' we all chose has an upside to it other than just "big boys and their toys" as some would label us. I'm not involved in this world as a 'living' and don't derive any income from it .... but just the same ... I'm glad I didn't go Ape poop for Beanie Babies or something like that!!

72longbed
Oh no! Don't bash Beenie babies... Liz is alwas watching! Lol
She's not afraid as she has a foil one! Lol
Mike
Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #18
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post

On a lighter note...

Mike
Mike ...
Good point about the wheels. But I would think there is a much larger market for wheels than tow hooks. Which makes me think they will not be re-popped ... but I could be wrong.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote