The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Ghost's68

68 LWB price

Driving around town I found a super clean 68 LWB, 503 green, super clean body, slight patina, paint looks faded but not sure how bad it is, non AC, 4 speed manual trans, unsure on motor, original interior, radio delete and rust seemed to be just the normal spots. Cab corners are shot, and saw some where the floor and kicker panels meet too. Didn’t get to spend to much time as I didn’t want to pressure the guy. He seems like he would be willing to sell it if I showed up with cash. He was back and forth if he would sell it. I would love to buy it, and convert it to SWB and throw in a roadster shop chassis!

How much would a fair offer be? To bad I didn’t get any pics. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Ghost's68; 03-31-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:05 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 68 LWB price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost's68 View Post
Driving around town I found a super clean 68 LWB, 503 green, super clean body, slight patina, paint looks faded but not sure how bad it is, non AC, 4 speed manual trans, unsure on motor, original interior, radio delete and rust seemed to be just the normal spots. Cab corners are shot, and saw some where the floor and locker panels meet too. Didn’t get to spend to much time as I didn’t want to pressure the guy. He seems like he would be willing to sell it if I showed up with cash. He was back and forth if he would sell it. I would love to buy it, and convert it to SWB and throw in a roadster shop chassis!

How much would a fair offer be? To bad I didn’t get any pics. Thanks in advance

You need to check that truck out a lot closer before you start making offers. If there is rust in those places you can bet there is also rust in the cab supports and floorboard. Also you need to check behind the visors and above the windshield inside the cab, under the battery where the core support and inner panel rust out, around the top of the firewall under the hood, and numerous other places...... Without some pictures and closer inspection trying to guess a value is tough.

Being from CA maybe it escaped the rust demon in the places I mentioned but I would still check them.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
Ghost's68

Re: 68 LWB price

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
You need to check that truck out a lot closer before you start making offers. If there is rust in those places you can bet there is also rust in the cab supports and floorboard. Also you need to check behind the visors and above the windshield inside the cab, under the battery where the core support and inner panel rust out, around the top of the firewall under the hood, and numerous other places...... Without some pictures and closer inspection trying to guess a value is tough.

Being from CA maybe it escaped the rust demon in the places I mentioned but I would still check them.

LockDoc
I was able to look under the truck a bit, not long, and it seemed ok. Rain gutters only looked to have surface rust, no major cancer seen. The carpet was removed and the floor bed under the seat looked fantastic. The area where your feet are was covered with one of those rubber mats and some insulation material under that but looked decent. I remember the rockers looking to be in good shape also. I didn’t even get to pop the hood. That’s understandable you can’t put a value without knowing the actual condition of the truck.

Next time I stop by I’ll really go over the truck with a fine tooth comb but I have a feeling I’ll be bringing cash lol!
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote