The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
AndrewSeib

Need some help

Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a little insight from you experienced enthusiasts out there. There's a truck I'm interested in purchasing that I would very much appreciate some other opinions on, I will post the link below. If you can include your opinion of the condition, potential, and price the guy is asking I cant say thank you enough. I currently own a 1972 LWB 307 3 spd on the column so this truck is nearly the same with the exception of it being one year older and having the 6 cylinder which i don't mind. This truck also appears to be in much better condition than mine from the pictures. Mine is stuck 12 hours and 600 miles away so the idea here is maybe I can buy this one and sell the one I left back home. (will actually save money in the long run)
Thanks in advance for your expertise gentleman!

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/4308736610.html

there is a small "cool factor" included in my opinion. I talked to the guy and he has the original bill of sale and the original title and hand book. Is that cool/rare/unique in any way? just curious.
AndrewSeib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #2
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Re: Need some help

Hard to tell from the pics, but that's not a bad price to start.
I don't get why when people post pics for ads they can't take pics of the entire truck, plus a good interior and engine bay shot. To me that's just common sense.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
AndrewSeib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklajoie View Post
Hard to tell from the pics, but that's not a bad price to start.
I don't get why when people post pics for ads they can't take pics of the entire truck, plus a good interior and engine bay shot. To me that's just common sense.
That's what i was thinking as far as the price. I figure I'll offer 3500 and meet at 4000 as long as everything checks out. It does seem like a nice truck so I don't want to disrespect the man. It is very hard to tell from the pictures and I totally agree with you. When I asked the man for more detailed pictures such as: pictures of the interior and engine compartment he acted as if I was asking a lot. He seemed very busy but had plenty of time to talk my ear of for 10 minutes about everything going on his life keeping him from being able to go take pictures or meet me. Hopefully I will be able to see the truck this weekend and check everything out. What are good things to watch out for and good questions to ask?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
slowcpe

Those pictures are horrible, but from what I can see the truck looks nice. So are you in FL now? Princeton is just right up the road from me.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
TonyJohnson

Looks good.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
AndrewSeib

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Those pictures are horrible, but from what I can see the truck looks nice. So are you in FL now? Princeton is just right up the road from me.
Yes the pictures are horrible. You are actually in my home town! I lived in Evansville for 17 years moved to Princeton for less than a year with my grandmother then moved here to Florida on my own. My abandoned project is located near you if your interested or know anyone who is. 1972 LWB 307 3 spd on the column still runs and drives, just not as elegantly as she used to. I'll be putting it on craigslist soon.

This particular truck is located near me in FL and if the gentleman ends up sending me more pictures before I go I will post them, but if not I will take many detailed pictures when I see her. I'm thinking that if everything is operational, and in the condition I expect based on the few pictures he has, I will be willing to part with $4000 for this beauty. What do you guys think is that a fair price? He said the interior is all original hasnt been fiddled with at all, the dash pad is cracked and that was his only bad remark as far as the inside.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Sicklajoie
The Niner

4K seems like a good price. Start at 3500 and maybe you'll meet in the middle.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #8
cool68

your call. sounds like something that will work for you. manual steering and brakes? looks pretty good but, will not know till you see it in person.
cool68 is offline   Reply With Quote