The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
69trk

amarillo texas drag way

Has anybody been to the amarillo drag way? I plan on heading that way on memorial weekend. Plus i think it's an ihra track, hopefully i can dip into the 10's that weekend. I moved battery to the rear and have a new lift off hood. Removed around 80 to 100 lbs off the truck and moved 30lbs or so from the front to the rear. Going to take off front shocks and get measurements so i can order some drag shocks from summit. Either lakewood or comp. engeenering.
69trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
70rs/ss

Re: amarillo texas drag way

I was there years ago (9-10), I used to live about a mile from there. Seemed like an old surface that was iffy? Nice to have a track so I don't want to bash it but the asphalt was rougher then, maybe a newer surface by now? Good luck!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 05-11-2008 at 04:43 AM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
69trk

Thanks, i was told that it has new owners, only reason heading out that way have family out there and they are asking me to bring my truck. The track is having an event with superchargers asso. Might be a good event plus test and tune. Gates open at 3. Haven't really heard anything about the shape of the track though.
69trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
70rs/ss

Like I said it has been almost 10 years so it could be newer than when I was there. It is a small town type track and it was open only sporatically when I was there, so maybe the new owners are taking better care of it? I'd love to see some picts if you get over there, I litterally lived a stone's throw from it, so it was way cool to go there and run the wee out of my junk and not have to worry about the Po PO!! I lived right off the highway the track is on across from the feedstore, BTW stop in and ask my X-beatch how my house is doing!! J/k, unless you wanna make some $$$ J/k again, oh, I better stop! Enjoy, and picts??
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote