The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
jrstallion51

Ol' Blue Build thread - work in progress!

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my build thread up to now because she is heading off for paint next week for some color! It started off as a nice toy hauler and she turned into a wonderful project somewhere along the lines.

So here is what I started with... 1970 C-10 CST SWB with all the options that I wanted It was in ok shape when I boght it, very little rust and only minor body issues from a fender bender. The only big issue for me was the drivers door...the upper hinge had completely separated from the door so it was INOP! It had a stout GM crate 350 with a TH-350 trans. It had a drip at the fuel pump and the power steering hose was rotten but I managed to drive her home.

My girlfriend at the time (now fiance), absolutely hated the truck. She thought it was a heap of junk and was afraid I wasn't going to make it home. Thank goodness, two years later, she has really fallen in love with the truck and sometimes I can even convince her to help me work on it!

After driving the truck for awhile, I decided I was going to fix the drivers door so that I wouldn't have to get in the passenger door any longer and thats where this whole project really got rolling....
Attached Images

jrstallion51 is offline   Reply With Quote