The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
70monte

Would you buy this truck?

Hi, this is my first post. I have always wanted a 69-72 chevy truck. I've looked at a lot of them lately but they have all been very rusty and would be more work than I want to deal with.

Recently a truck came up for sale locally that does not have a title, only a bill of sale. Normally I wouldn't even mess with a vehicle with no title but this truck is one of the most rust free I've seen that has not been restored.

The truck is a 72 camper special with a factory 402/auto combo and air cab with all the AC stuff intact. The truck is all original and nothing looks like it has been hacked up. It still has the original AM radio and air breather assembly. Truck has what looks like an original smog pump assembly and the glove box door tag says something about California on it. Supposedly the engine and tranny were rebuilt about 12,000 miles ago.

The truck has virtually no rust on the cab or bed. The passenger side cab corner and rocker panel have one small hole each and nothing on the driver's side. The underside of the truck is very clean with no surface rust. Cab supports are not rusty at all and look original as well as the floor boards. The only rust through on the bed is two small places on the metal floor by the tailgate on each side of the floor. No rust on the bed sides or tailgate and the underside looks clean as well. The underneath of the doors have surface rust but no rust through.

The guy is asking $1,600 for it. He bought it off of a friend who needed money but never gave him the title but gave him a bill of sale. He is selling the truck with a bill of sale and selling the truck "for parts only" He has had the truck for over four years and the truck has a license plate still on it from 2004. He has lost contact with this guy and does not know how to contact him.

So have any of you guys bought a truck with no title and was able to get a title for it by using one of those online title companies or is there anything else you would suggest. I really don't want to buy a truck I can't get a title for and this truck is really too nice and original to part out so I'm not sure if I should mess with it or not. Thanks.

Wayne
70monte is offline   Reply With Quote