The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
RainDog

Pretty sweet set-up, check this out

Maybe this isn't your thing, but since i'm considering taking a big cross-country road trip in my truck this summer, this camper set-up is too cool. Found it on E-Bay. I'm assuming this was not anything factory or dealer-installed, am I correct?? The auction is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876575396

RainDog

Old 01-07-2003, 12:42 AM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

no...not a factory offering, and I doubt it was dealer installed either.
The seller don't sound too knowledgable either...esp for someone with"other project vehicles".
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:46 AM   #3
RainDog

Kinda looks like the stuff was pulled from an old VW Westfalia or something similar.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:12 AM   #4
jku72

Whatever truck you buy, trust me, you will NEVER regret going out on an adventure in an old truck.
When I married my wife a few years ago, I was broke, and bought the cheapest truck I could find to go from her home in Portland Oregon to my(our) home in Maine. I bought a 68 chevy suburban, tossed in an old conversion van bed/seat in the back, and just went, with no money, living off credit cards. You know what, it was the best time of my life. I will always remember those weeks, we both will, as the defining moment in our marriage. We went everywhere in that truck, and slept in the back. The fact we had no money only made the trip more of an adventure.
I now make enough money that I have a new truck as well, but will never get rid of the old burb, I couldnt, it is a part of us.
Whoever you adventure with, the bonds that are created on adventures such as that last forever. I suggest throwing away all the high tech luxuries, and go with just the basics, and enjoy the company, not the stuff. I dont know what is is about an old truck and a long trip, but it is way different than any camper or hotel or whatever. I suggest sleeping under the stars as well.
JUST STOP AND DO IT, you will be old and dead soon.

68 C10 burb
42 Willys MB
46 Dodge WF-32 1.5 ton
53 & 56 Olds'
60 Cadillac
22 Dodge Brothers
jku72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:06 AM   #5
skyhawk1

jku72, that's beautiful man.
Oceana, West Virginia
skyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:50 PM   #6
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Great story, then I remembered we took my 72 on our honeymoon. Got a topper for our stuff, had the cans and shaving cream with '' JUST MARRIED'' the works. Was gone for a week and never had a problem. Drove the scenic roads and had a great time. Even took it to Virginia Beach, I miss the old 72, thats the reason I want another lwb or a burb for a family ride.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

road trips and old trucks make for a real good time...and a sore neck.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:35 AM   #8
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

My dad had built something like that for his 70 CST and we used it when I was like 4 or something, went all the way to disneyland in it.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:52 AM   #9
still w.i.p '68
Dreams are free

we have one like that at our milk barn, it came in handy as a teenager, it was known county wide as "THE STABIN CABIN"
If I would have had a 25c slot to open the door I would be retired, and rich!! Thanks for the memories

originally w.i.p '68
member since 1-01
w.i.p = ( work in progress )
still w.i.p '68 is offline   Reply With Quote