The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
PGSigns

Help with planning

Well this is going to be my first post with a request for information so I may as well make it a good one. Bought a 65 a few weeks ago and it is my third one of this vintage and working on getting everything together for the first phase of work. What I have so far is a 65 short bed fleet side with a 350 and a 700R4. Overall the body is pretty good and will be the last thing worked. I picked up a complete front clip for a 83 with the 1 1/4 disc brakes and the power steering box. I also picked up a booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve from a 73 vette. Here are some questions I have to help with the parts collection.
1. Being a long time drag racer I am really thinking of putting a 9" in the back and could use some info if any one has found a housing that is close to the right width.
2. I need a fan shroud for it and what years will work and are there any other donors to also search.
3. Ball park back spacing on the wheels. I know it should be looked at closely but with the amount of nice used wheels available around here it would help limit the search.
4. Dropped spindles, are there any to stay away from or a preffered brand due to the quality and value.
5. And the last one. It looks like 3" in the front and 5" in the back get the truck level and at a good height, is this about right for a daily driver to clear most speed bumps and driveways?
Thanks
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote