The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Deltaskier

What's this worth?

What's this truck worth or should I just part it out? I plan to put this up for sale as a non running, sold as is truck. It actually runs & drives, but I can't seem to figure out why it's running lean. I hope to get a couple thousand for it so I can put that down on a new bike.

What should I ask for it, keeping in mind that it's in CA but won't pass smog here? It's got a bunch of nice things, but I can't part it out here in front of the house so I need to get rid of it complete.

Deltaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
cochino12
It followed me home?

dont know what the actual value would be worth in Ca. but it looks way too nice to part. I'll give $1500 for it, just bring it to Colorado.

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #3
bigblock73
yeller

Man, that truck up here in MN would fetch 5K EASY!

I say sell it whole...post it here, put it on E-bay, and advertise locally...someone will want it.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
Deltaskier

I think the lean condition has to be something in the distributor. Replacing that was my next step, but I'm tired of working on it. I already replaced almost everything else that could be causing it.

I need to spend more time fixing up my house than this truck. If someone offered me $2000, it would be gone regardless of the fact I just paid over $3000 for it a couple months ago.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
cochino12
It followed me home?

man I would pay 2k right now, why are the trucks I want so far away. good luck selling you should have no problem getting that out of it

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
Old 03-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #6
Deltaskier

I'm borrowing a dist from a friend this weekend to see if that fixes it. If it does, I might still make you a deal with delivery included since I'm sure it'll make the drive if the lean condition is fixed.

At this point, I would rather see it go to someone who would enjoy it than have it set at my house where every time I touch it, I have to talk myself out of cutting the fuel line & striking a match.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
Destructo

If your still running lean and have check for all external vacuum leaks such as hoses and carb gasket and actually tried a different carb then it could be your intake manifold gaskets. I wouldn't part it out for sure, I would hate to see such a nice truck be parted out.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #8
cochino12
It followed me home?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deltaskier
I'm borrowing a dist from a friend this weekend to see if that fixes it. If it does, I might still make you a deal with delivery included since I'm sure it'll make the drive if the lean condition is fixed.

At this point, I would rather see it go to someone who would enjoy it than have it set at my house where every time I touch it, I have to talk myself out of cutting the fuel line & striking a match.
If you can work that I'll take it. Keep in touch.

Adam

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
Old 03-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #9
Deltaskier

I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna try replacing the intake gasket like destructo said. If that doesn't help, I'll try the dist, but after that I think I have to give up on it.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #10
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

seems like only a few weeks ago we were wishing you well with this truck its freakin gorgeous id never part that out!! I would give you that kind of cash if i only had it

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #11
Deltaskier

I get frustrated pretty easily. This time I held on, I worked on it everyday, I spent money on new parts, & it's still messed up.

I've got a house & a $3700/month mortgage so spending $500/month in parts on this truck is getting old.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:44 AM   #12
74Pumpkin
Insert witty comment here

I'm intrested in buying If you decide to sell. I need a 4x4. Keep me in mind.

Jeff

Quote:
I need to spend more time fixing up my house than this truck. If someone offered me $2000, it would be gone
Old 03-06-2004, 01:22 AM   #13
78SilveradoSWB

I've got a house & a $3700/month mortgage so spending $500/month in parts on this truck is getting old. [/B][/QUOTE]

Got to see what kind of a house =$3700/month

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:04 AM   #14
rich-white

I was wondering the same thing. I hear housing in CA is out rageous. We have 2300 sq feet story and a half and was looking on the net nad could not belive what a comp. house goes for.
rich-white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #15
BIGCHEVYMAN

Truck

What year is it? Is it a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton? Does it have any rust?
I also have a 2400 square foot house and my house payment is $800.00
BIGCHEVYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #16
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

DAMN why so far??
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
Deltaskier

Just got back from a weekend away. Gotta go work on the truck. Just wanted to give you guys a laugh. My house is only 1100sf, nothing special.

It's so expensive here. You can eitherr drive 3 hours each way to get to work or pay these outragious prices to live near work. I would have gone crazy in a few months if I had to commute 4-5 hours in this traffic.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #18
greenhorn male

Deltaskier,
When was that last smogged. In transferring a vehicle unless the seller discloses it didn't pass smog, the responsibility is on the seller to make that CA smog compliant and not you the buyer. Unless you knew it didn't pass the last smog test and agreed to make it pass smog yourself, you should go back to the person that sold you the truck and tell him to have it fixed. If you don't want to do that for whatever reason then if you sell that truck, make sure you disclose to the seller that it failed the last smog test, give him the test results and make him sign something stating that he is aware it didn't pass smog and that he will be responsible for getting it smog compliant. If you don't, the buyer could legally bill you for the costs of getting it repaired.

There are a lot of good techs on this board and if you post the test results, both the allowable and measured, I am sure they will be able to point out the trouble easier. I am not sure what you mean by too lean. Does it have a lean idle misfire and the HC's are too high or is their too much O2 in the exhaust gases?
greenhorn male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #19
Deltaskier

I registered the truck in TX because I knew it wouldn't pass smog & I needed to drive it. I planned to put all the smog stuff back on, but I'm too lazy I guess.

I got the truck almost fixed. After replacing the intake gasket, the backfire was worse & the exhaust was still too hot. I then decided to plug off the hoses from the smog pump to the check valves on the air tubes going into the exhaust. That totally fixed the backfire & now only the pass side exhaust glows after a test drive. That's the side that started this whole mess. I had an exhaust leak that I unsucessfully tried to fix on that side. Maybe it's still leaking & pulling air in there, but I thought that would make it backfire if it was pulling air in there.

I also got bit**-slapped by the wife when she heard my plan to sell the truck at a loss & buy a motorcycle. She won't let me sell it & she won't let me get a bike either. I love her so she gets her way most of the time. I guess I'm not selling the truck.

I appreciate you guys making suggestions on what could be causing my problems. This board rocks.