The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2024, 10:27 PM   #1
Kalums

Hello from the desert

Hi all, My name is Daniel this is my first post here. I've been lurking for awhile but didn't really have a reason to join. Time changes everything. The First vehicle I ever owned was. 1987 Chevrolet R10 I rescued from a farm field (it had been hit by lightning litteraly died on the spot and sat for years, cliché I know) he said if I could drive it out it was mine. Well will a determination of a 15 year old I changed a few fuses, new battery, a couple of burnt wires, and topped the fluids and she made it to the driveway.... Where the transmission (TH375-3 speed) promptly took a dump. That was the beginning of my love of working on vehicles. I'm not any kind of picky I don't have a favorite "1" but I do like figuring out how the work. 99% of my knowledge (and I'm in no way an expert at any of it) has been from necessity. I currently have a 1971 GMC K2500 that I and my oldest boy rescued from another field where it was left to rot. Title says K2500...but we nicknamed him "Frankie" because over the years it has kinda become a Frankenstein truck... At least as far as our untrained eyes can tell. I've included some pictures to get ya'lls "hot take". He does run but needs a carb rebuild, tank cleaned general tune up... And a new flywheel/flex plate. I should mention it has a 350 with a TH350/NP205 and dually rear end? but other than major body work we plan on getting Frankie up and going to be my kiddos daily (sooner or latter) again thank you guys for letting me join and hopefully you enjoy our journey.
P. S... IT was supposed to say *from the desert*... Dang auto correct
Attached Images

Last edited by LockDoc; 07-16-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Kalums is offline   Reply With Quote