The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
wild4wheels

Meet Loretta - Bagged 71 LWB -FINALLY got one!

We all see those "Check this out on Craigslist!" posts you see on the board. I occasionally look depending on the location, price etc. This particular night I was feeling pretty low- I had been looking for a long time. I either had money and couldn't find what I wanted, or it was already sold, or get there and get the "Oh, I forgot to mention that______________(fill in the blank). Or it was just more than I could afford. I wanted to pay cash but also was keeping in mind that whatever I bought, it had to run, I wanted to bag it and I wanted original patina(..when in Rome!)

So this particular night I was having a couple of cocktails, surfing the board, still licking my wounds from a couple of shortbeds that I had missed out on- and I see a "check this out in Las Vegas!" post. I click on it ...and it was love at first sight. I look and the ad on craigslist was like 2 days old. I really figured it was gone. I printed out the ad so I could show the wife an example of what it was I was looking for. Now it was like 11 pm - I said screw it and sent a text message the seller to see if it was still available. Said a little prayer-"Please Lord, please Please PLEASE!!!!!"

Fast forward to the next morning, I'm on my way to pick up the wife and I get a call from the seller. We talked for about 30-40 minutes and I bought it over the phone. 2 days later I was on a plane to Vegas with a few simple hand tools in my checked bag and a pocket full of cash and dreams of a better life... er, sorry..scratch that last part, ANYWAY, Drove it back to Phoenix.. by myself(dumb) had a few problems on the way home which I will discuss when I get a Build thread going but just doing little things to make it mine.

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote