The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
crazy15

starter problems

then-july 2006. pretty much every first time i turn the key it made a... noise, kinda a mix between a beep and a bzzz, the previous owner said it was because the starter gear wasn't lined up properly.
now-dec 2007. a little while ago i left school fine, it started same as always, no complaints. i drove for about 10 minutes then stopped again, for roughly 5 mins. got back in, and it did its usual beezzzzpp thing for the first turn, and the second... and continued then, nothing but a thunk when i turn the key, the blower fan also turns off ('73 no off for the blower) at the same time as the thunk happens.

so, i bought the LMC starter repair kit and repaired the starter and just spent 2 very wet and muddy hours putting it back in and... thunk.

could this be a short? or a low battery? or is the solenoid gone.

any info would be great, its too wet and dark for me to pull the batt out right now, but tomorrow i will and charge it.

any thing you guys know would be appriciated

Thanks
crazy15 is offline   Reply With Quote