The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
davepl

Too tall - realistically what can I do?

So driving my truck yesterday for really the first time confirmed a worry I had. I'm tall, 6' 2", but short legs, so more like 6' 6" upper body.

My bucket seat is freshly refoamed.

My window has the optional tint across the top, and that's all I can see, I stare right through it. I have to dip my head down. I added tilt in large part because of this annoying driving position, but it doesn't solve the basic issue.

I could make seat brackets that didn't adjust and that sat 2-3" lower, but I'd have to do it for both sides to look even, and then the driver's seat would be locked in position that only I could drive the thing.

I could swap out the glass for non-tinted, which would give me a better view, but they have so much trouble doing glass in these that I'm afraid they'd break it and scratch paint, etc... just seems like a big risk to replace glass that's hard to replace on a fresh paint job.

Anyone have any obvious ideas I haven't thought of? I want it to become a driver, but it's got to be comfortable to be a driver.
Attached Images

davepl is offline   Reply With Quote