The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2020, 11:50 PM   #22
mr48chev

Re: needing a wiring diagram

I rather have the feeling that GasWorksGarage is in the process of straightening out someone else's mess which often is worse than starting from scratch.

The "what did they cut an splice rather than disconnect correctly when they pulled the ______ is often an issue.

First job I had in a real shop as a mechanic I replaced a kid who had lasted an hour and a half before being fired. He had got to know the boss while working in a wrecking yard that the boss frequented and hung around a bit at the races where the boss an his son ran dirt track modified. My boss was in his 60's then.
Any how first day on the job the boss asked him to pull the engine out of a car that was in for an engine overhaul. 20 minutes later he was back saying that he had the engine out. After a "wow that was fast" they looked and he had cut every line and wire just as he had done on hundreds in the wrecking yard and had torched the exhast pipes in two. It took me three weeks to patch that car back together including several trips to wrecking yards to get decent sections of wiring harness that was uncut and installing a new exhaust pipe. The kid went back to the wrecking yard, got his old job back and as far as I know probably spent the rest of his life working in that wrecking yard.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote