The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
purebred

Hope I ain't trolling but?

I look at this forum and get good and honest ideas from many good people out there about a whole lot of different ideas about my 65. But it seems like lately that a whole lot of people are either like sheep or ? about their ideas. If you wan't to paint your truck a color , paint it, or if you wan't to do this, than do it, I mean, I read this forum for ideas and info about things that seem a little about information or ideas that all the good people send in, but man, If I was going to paint my truck I wouldn'd ask what I should paint it, I would just do it, guess I will get another trolling issue but man its like just do it.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Re: Hope I ain't trolling but?

Hard times , hard decisions. Some times it's a monetary factor. To each his own the way they want to go. It would be easier if we all built the same thing but then wouldn't that get boring. I like to try and influence the original stuff and that might spawn a new twist to the old way. Great variety here and we share the same goals. Have fun and invoke discussion.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
BMERDOC

I understand where you are coming from but its a Forum and ideas are welcome. If everyone just "did it" we wouldn't have a forum because no one would discuss "it". I have to admit I have cheated. Even though I found the answer somewhere I have occaisionally thrown a Ringer thread out there to get other peoples opinions. Forum members run the gamut from someone who knows everything about motor vehicles and like the discusssions plus they pick up a tip or two to someone who doesn't doesn't know a spark plug from a 20amp fuse but loves cars and trucks and just happened to buy a truck that fits our forum. The people on this site are a cornucopia of talents and know-how. Don't read too hard into it...you'll ruin the site for yourself.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
71swb4x4

Paint is an expensive and very permanent (because of the expense and time) decision. It is wise to get other input when making an important decision. I don't think people are sheep for coming on the forum and asking advice about paint schemes and colors.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Rich 5150 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Paint is an expensive and very permanent (because of the expense and time) decision. It is wise to get other input when making an important decision. I don't think people are sheep for coming on the forum and asking advice about paint schemes and colors.
Total aggrement here, we used to know a painter about 10 years back, he painted his car four times in two years, why...he didnot like the colors after he painted it, for him it was nothing, paints were charged to the shop more than likely, he had his crew do the work. He ended up with black..he said it just looked better.
`68 Dart 370/904/323 suregrip
Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
70cst

Many times people want the experience of people on these forums. There are different paints and so many colors In the end the owner needs to do what makes him/her happy but it is always good to have a sounding board.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
McCoyAZ

When it comes to painting a truck I think it is 100% a personal choice.

I might not like the color a guy picks, but it isn't MY truck.

Same with lots of the mods guys do to their rides, like slamming them....no way would I do that, but it aint my truck.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

People ask for opinions because honestly, sometimes the color YOU like really ISN"T a good idea.

"But I like SUPER bright pink with orange sparkles"....well thats fine, but will you still like it in a week?, a month?, a year? Some colors just won't look good, don't fit the shape etc.

There is a reason that designers exist...whether its graphic design, car design, interior design. There are things that work, and things that don't. Colors especially.

No one will stop you from doing what you want, but sometimes its nice to have a sounding board. Many of us don't have locals into the stuff, some young guys have no resources like the old timers many of us learned from.

so ya your a troll
j/k

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I painted my truck all blue. It was "too blue" I asked for a photoshop with a white top and a couple months later my top was painted white.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #10
prairewolf

if the truck has a Pro-Street and tubbed/beefcake look any color works, .. but if it is stock not every color works. .. jmo. ...... I saw a 68 chevelle Drag car once that was pepto pink and I thought it looked good, .... but if it would have been stock down to the hubcaps it would probably look goofy, to me anyway.

I was qouted about 5k$ for a quality paint job on our 67, ...I found a picture of one on here I liked and asked for the color name/paint code from owner, and if/when it is painted that will probably be it.

this is a great website, life is good,kent
Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
Sillyoldman

I didn't paint my truck the color I wanted. I'd prefer a blue/white, orange/white or red/white two tone. My truck was unmolested stock so I did what made me feel good, I kept it original. I never asked for an opinion. It's my truck, selfishly I really don't care what anyone else would have done with it.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
cdowns

there is alot of the monkee see monkee do mentality goin around

lots of guys are not able to outthink a piece of metal to fet something done
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 08-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
purebred

Thanks cdowns, I think you get my drift.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

I agree no one can tell "you" what Color "you" like better than "you". At least that rings true with me. What "I" like has nothing to do with the opinion of "others" because "I" enjoy what I do because "I" like it,not because "others" like it. No one questioned the asking of advise in general. I'm sure the author of this thread understands the whole concept of a forum. The forum can also be used to look at thousands of pictures of trucks in probably every color ever made,for those who lack the ability to envision such things. In the end,no one can tell you what you like. Well,actually they can. But,what makes anyone think that means you'll like it any more once on your truck than if you went with your own gut?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-19-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

This is a truck discussion board . When you come to a truck discussion board you normally see truck discussions . Why would it upset someone to see a discussion about anything truck related ?

Weather it is paint , engines or suspension , That's kinda why we are here .
Old 08-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
purebred

I didn't say it upset me Mr Aministrator, I merely said if you have to ask someone what color you paint your truck than maybe you aren't listening to the wife, good neighbor, or your own instincks. Sorry.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
YBNORML

Some people just like to hear what others think before they commit. Nothing wrong with that. I have seen some really well put together trucks/cars/hotrods that were all but riuned by a poor choice of colors. I bet at some point they wish that they would've asked for some opinions

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

purebred

I'm not sure where you have been posting before you arrived here but things work differently On this site. This site tries to be family friendly and as open as possible . I am reasonably sure haven't read the rules that you agreed to follow when you registered here .

Here is a link , http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=34&a=9

I'll quote one rule ,

XVIII. Posts regarding politics or religion are strongly discouraged. These posts tend to create pissing matches and will be closed.

Your attitude toward people asking questions is what kills threads and shuts off discussion . That will not be tolerated here . There is no age limit to who can post here so you have no clue if your speaking to a 10 year old or a 50 year old .

Please do not do anything to to discourage any discussion . Discussion is the life blood of any forum .

Replies like the following are considered trolling .

"I would go with what I wan't, you can get 585,000 thousand responses and still will do what you wan't anyway?"

"You got to be kidding"

My best suggestion is to skip the threads you dislike and move on
Old 08-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
El Campo

When I bought this Harley it was Vivid Black. I never liked black and even though I asked everyone what color to paint it and everyone said to leave it black I said "screw it" and painted it the way I wanted it. Now I did have a guy tell me it "looked like a GD nightmare" and a lot of people don't like it but I still do. So I am with others, no reason NOT to ask opinions, just still maintain your vision.
Attached Images

72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Indian113

I like your nightmare,I sure wouldn't be ashamed to ride with Ya
Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
I didn't paint my truck the color I wanted. I'd prefer a blue/white, orange/white or red/white two tone. My truck was unmolested stock so I did what made me feel good, I kept it original. I never asked for an opinion. It's my truck, selfishly I really don't care what anyone else would have done with it.
I must confess I was in a similar position Sillyoldman. I really like Blue painted trucks but I wanted to keep the Circuit Rider the factory colors.

There have been some good thoughts here. One thought that never crossed my mind is...there is likely some colors that our trucks would not look good in. So why not ask for opinions. But it still comes down to what the owner really likes and that's should be the weighing factor.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
I didn't say it upset me Mr Aministrator, I merely said if you have to ask someone what color you paint your truck than maybe you aren't listening to the wife, good neighbor, or your own instincks. Sorry.
I believe his screen name is powerdriver 1958, not Mr Administrator. If you are truly not trying to troll, then perhaps you should post with respect and not assy. Actually I strongly suggest it..
Thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #23
purebred

I think maybe I will have to refrain from looking on this site for ideas about my truck. When I can't call an administrator an administrator because it might sound offensive its time to move on. I grew up in the 60's and served in the Vietnam Nam war, Have worked hard to provide a home for my Wife, Kids and Grandkids and when I can't make a comment like people following people like sheep, (makes people feel sheepesh I guess) Than I guess I will stay off your Political correct forum. God bless you all and have a good day.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #24
prairewolf

post # 1 says don't ask anybody, ... post #16 says check with the Wife and Neighbor first. ...does #16 trump #1?......in all fairness to all on this site. ... it is the best site bar-none in my opinion. .... heck, I even like cdowns and miss Longhornman, once in a while anyway...

life is good.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #25
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
...so you're telling me that it's OK to ask your wife and neighbor what color you should paint a vehicle, but it's not OK to ask thousands of other people that have done the exact same thing? I'm not seeing the difference? You're still asking for input, just on a grander scale. Again, not trying to be an ass, I just don't see the difference.

Internet forums are really simple to navigate... if you see a thread titled "what color should I paint my truck" simply skip over it.

We thank you for your service to this great country, but you have to play by the same rules as everyone else. You're also not the only one that's worked their ass off to get what they have. There's a lot of very hard working people on this site and we all play by the rules to get along the best we can. It's not enjoyable reading through a thread that turns into a pissing match between 2 or 3 members halfway down the page. Stick around, I think you'll like this place
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
Closed Thread