The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Drove an HHR Panel

I stopped by my neighbors last evening.I saw he had gotten a new HHR Panel this week and hadn`t stopped in for a week or two.He`s the guy that was looking for another 50-53 Panel.He`s older and retired and wanted something to start traveling to shows in.His wife has been bugging him to get something new and he finally did.His last new purchase was a`76 ChevyVan.He paid $20k cash and he`s got his traveler,now.Says he has enough left over to buy this California Panel in VA that`s solid and he can fix it up.He`s got other trucks that he`ll prolly sell off,now.It`s pretty cool,he`s got a`67 Panel...40 years difference.
Anyway,I walked up and the first thing he said was he drank his last beer.So,I offered to run to town for him since he already had some.He was going to ride along,then said,"why don`t you drive the Panel?"I think it`s a neat little ride.It`s red and was showing 202mi. when I got in the driver seat.Purdy dang kewl little ride for $20,000 IMO.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote