The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Rokcrln

Need info on GMC 1ton dually!

Hey all it has been awhile sine I have had much to share with work and non Chevy projects taking up allot of my time as does my 13 month old.
Anyways right up the road from one of my job sites sits a 72 GMC flatbed dually 1 Ton. I am looking for something like this for my crew cab build so I left my card on the gate as this place is just a yard with horses and other animals but no house. The truck looks real rusted out but I am more interested in the running gear. So tonight I get a call from a lady who says she has my card and does want to get rid of the truck but not for free. It has been sitting for 2-3yrs but has a current non op on it and it does run she says. I told her I really only want the frame but ask what she would want for the truck. She tells me $500 for the truck so I say I will come look at it next week.

My question for all of you is what is different about a 1ton dually from 1/2tons? I know the cab has the roof lights with the slight bumps but is their anything different in any other areas I need to look for? Thanks for any info you all can add. I will get some pics early next week.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote