The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
sodly

What's it worth: 71 Cheyenne

Hello. I'm a regular on the 60-66 board but have a question for you 67-72 guys. I have an opportunity to buy a '71 Cheyenne that's all-original (as far as I know) including paint, interior, drivetrain, etc. It has 41,xxx miles and has been sitting in the original owner's garage on jack stands for at least 10 years, untouched. Sort of a barn find, I suppose. The original owner died probably 15 years ago and his son basically parked it in the garage ever since.

It's a 402, auto, A/C truck. There is one rust-through spot on the rocker area immediately under the bed-side tool box door that would have to be repaired. Otherwise, I believe it's basically rust-free. I took some snapshots of it about 10 years ago when it was last outside. It's just been sitting since these photos were taken.

I'm not very up on 67-72 prices. What do you think it's worth? If I decide not to pursue it myself I will help the owner sell it. Do you think there would be strong demand for it (considering the color... which I like but I know is a little polarizing.... and the fact that it's a long bed)? I know this generation of Chevy truck is pretty popular these days but I'm not sure HOW popular. So, what do you guys feel would be a fair offer for an original 71 Cheyenne such as this one?

Also, how hard is it to get this truck riding a little lower without making any mods that aren't 100% reversible? How low can you get with just a spring swap? Could someone with Photoshop skills give me an idea? It is a bit of a high-rider currently.

Thanks for your input!
Attached Images

Custom Camper Club-- Own a 65-66 Custom Camper? Join us at: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/g...hp?groupid=117
sodly is offline   Reply With Quote