The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #15
Getter-Done

Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by texarback View Post
I spoke to Randy this morning. First, he took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, I'm going to walk back my comments from earlier. If they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.
This is good to hear.

I am only waiting on a washer bottle from them.
No where near the cost of the parts you are waiting for.

It is good that they explained the situation.

{Nothing in life is more important than the ability to communicate effectively.
Gerald R. Ford}

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote