The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
DonWA

How to determine chrome/trim prices?

Hello everyone. My first post and I'm looking for help. My dad passed away a few months ago. We're now in the process of cleaning up 2 garages worth of stuff. My dad was never without a 69-72 chevy or GMC truck. He had a GMC he was going to restore but never did. He bought new GMC chrome trim pieces, moldings, grill, etc... back in the late 80s early 90s from Gen. Motors. It's close to a complete trucks worth of trim but I think a few pieces are missing. The trim is in the original packaging (never opened) with all the clips and whatever comes with molding. Anyway, I'm trying to determine value. I went thru the chrome and got all the part numbers. Is there a web site that I can get prices for these parts? I was told you can't get these from GM any longer. Are these parts still available from GM?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don
DonWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #2
walker

GM no longer sells them. Put them on E-bay, or go to the main board here and look through some of the vendors web sites.
'48 Ford 8N tractor(still working)
'67 Scout(Now on the road)
'70 MG B.-sold
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #3
Bluebelle

Thumbs up worth what it's worth

I don't know what it's worth really. I do know that I have seen similar sets go for a few hundred $. A nearly full new set of original trim is nearly impossible to find. Chrom trim is usually only available in specialty shops and they are usually New Old School parts made overseas to look like the originals. I would put them on ebay and ask for a pretty high reserve. If you don't make the reserve, do it again with a smaller reserve... you will likely sell them for a pretty penny. I would also check to see if there is a classic truck club in your area. They are always looking for sources of original pieces. Good Luck.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote