The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

WTB nice original upper control arm, driver's side, 1971 C-10 - Some bolts too.

71 C-10, 402

1. Couldn't tell you how the inside front of a control arm gets damaged, but I assume quit trying to make it pretty if there's an alternative. No damage or pitting please.

2. Could always use that unaccounted for steel floor bed to frame bolt, stamped with "N".

3. I 'm missing two original bolts for the engine compartment.... Shown as #2 in the assembly manual below. They're 3/8-16, and appear to be plain hex bolts. I believe the threads are 1.3/4" long, which is a good estimate. The original manifold bolts are 3/8-16 x 1.1/4 flange head bolts (no L-washer) and are too short for the A/C bracket - with or without an L-washer.

In other terms, a couple of original (Grade 5) 3/8-16 x 1.3/4" hex bolts would be great if they're not pitted.

Thank you
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: WTB nice original upper control arm, driver's side, 1971 C-10 - Some bolts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
71 C-10, 402

1. Couldn't tell you how the inside front of a control arm gets damaged, but I assume quit trying to make it pretty if there's an alternative. No damage or pitting please.

2. Could always use that unaccounted for steel floor bed to frame bolt, stamped with "N".

3. I 'm missing two original bolts for the engine compartment.... Shown as #2 in the assembly manual below. They're 3/8-16, and appear to be plain hex bolts. I believe the threads are 1.3/4" long, which is a good estimate. The original manifold bolts are 3/8-16 x 1.1/4 flange head bolts (no L-washer) and are too short for the A/C bracket - with or without an L-washer.

In other terms, a couple of original (Grade 5) 3/8-16 x 1.3/4" hex bolts would be great if they're not pitted.

Thank you
I have a lot of original engine bolts. I will see what I have in the morning.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: WTB nice original upper control arm, driver's side, 1971 C-10 - Some bolts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I have a lot of original engine bolts. I will see what I have in the morning.

LockDoc
Cool, thanks Doc
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 01-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
1 3/4" long bolts must not be too common. Of all the cans and buckets of Chevy bolts I have, this is all of the 1 3/4" long bolts I could come up with. See what you think.....

LockDoc
Attached Images

-
Old 01-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #5
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Well Doc, if you have no reason to keep em, can I talk you out of the two flange bolts? Per my eyes they're flange bolts anyway, they don't appear to be spin washers. That and the regular hex bolt?

Turns out I have one of the regular hex bolts. A bonus to having an inventory of the hardware (yikes). I didn't think to look until now, and apparently I have one marked spare. It has a 5/8" shaft and is stamped "TR". Was in a can of bolts I've had forever, which I picked through for coat or plating. Dollars to donuts the A/C is where it came from, and I lost one.

I removed the A/C long ago. Turns out I managed to keep all but a few bolts and one retainer.

1.3/4 is uncommon. Outside the A/C bracket to intake, according to my truck 3/8-16 x 1.3/4 is used for the water pump only (4). Those are stamped with a "dog bone".

Incidentally Doc, seems you had/have oil pressure line fittings. By chance do you have the part that threads into the block? Gauge dash if it matters.

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-11-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Well Doc, if you have no reason to keep em, can I talk you out of the two flange bolts? Per my eyes they're flange bolts anyway, they don't appear to be spin washers. That and the regular hex bolt?

Turns out I have one of the regular hex bolts. A bonus to having an inventory of the hardware (yikes). I didn't think to look until now, and apparently I have one marked spare. It has a 5/8" shaft and is stamped "TR". Was in a can of bolts I've had forever, which I picked through for coat or plating. Dollars to donuts the A/C is where it came from, and I lost one.

I removed the A/C long ago. Turns out I managed to keep all but a few bolts and one retainer.

1.3/4 is uncommon. Outside the A/C bracket to intake, according to my truck 3/8-16 x 1.3/4 is used for the water pump only (4). Those are stamped with a "dog bone".

Incidentally Doc, seems you had/have oil pressure line fittings. By chance do you have the part that threads into the block? Gauge dash if it matters.

Yes, I have a block adapter fitting. How about 5 bucks for the three bolts and adapter shipped. I will PM you. Be sure and send the PP as "Paying for Goods And Services" That way I can print the shipping label out in PP, It makes it a lot easier.....

LockDoc

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-11-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #7
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Yes, I have a block adapter fitting. How about 5 bucks for the three bolts and adapter shipped. I will PM you. Be sure and send the PP as "Paying for Goods And Services" That way I can print the shipping label out in PP, It makes it a lot easier.....

LockDoc
Very awesome Doc. I appreciate that a bunch.