The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
straitnate14

motor build

Hi, right now I have a goodrich 350 with a weiand 142 supercharger on it. I just bought a set of heads and am thinking about stroking the motor or just putting in some forged pistons. I bought these AFR heads,http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
I also bought a E85 carb for it and I want to try and squeeze 8psi out of the blower, would I be fine with just slapping in a set of forged pistons or should I just stroke the motor with a forged rotating assembly. I'm planing on driving it on the weekend so I dont care for gas mileage. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be happy, I want to keep the compression low so if want to go back to gasoline I would be fine
Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
straitnate14

Re: motor build

mabey a set of pistons like this to just throw in? I want to keep the same compression ratio http://store.summitracing.com/partde...S&autoview=sku I dont know anything about this I'm still learning
Old 04-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
CoggedBelt75

I'll throw my 2 cents in.....Since you are kinda wanting to go into the motor
, I would invest in a forged rotating assemble for the peace of mind in knowing it will hold up since you are wanting to up the boost. Also, should you decide to go with a bigger blower, it will be up to the task. Here is my recipe for the 383 bottom end.

CRANK: Eagle 4340 Forged
RODS: Crower 5.7 Stroker Sportsman
ROD BOLTS: Crower
ROD BEARING: Clevite
PISTONS: ARIS BLOWER PISTONS

Joe
CoggedBelt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoggedBelt75 View Post
I'll throw my 2 cents in.....Since you are kinda wanting to go into the motor
, I would invest in a forged rotating assemble for the peace of mind in knowing it will hold up since you are wanting to up the boost. Also, should you decide to go with a bigger blower, it will be up to the task. Here is my recipe for the 383 bottom end.

CRANK: Eagle 4340 Forged
RODS: Crower 5.7 Stroker Sportsman
ROD BOLTS: Crower
ROD BEARING: Clevite
PISTONS: ARIS BLOWER PISTONS

Joe

Wise words. My receipe may call for a little different brand names, but pretty much would have to agree with every word there.

Only think I'll mention, the link to the heads didn't work, which head is it and what is the chamber size? Here's why ,,, A 350 w/ a 6cc flat top piston that has 8.6:1 compression with a 76cc head (most likely with a crate motor) will increase to 9.6:1 ehen you change to a 65cc chamber of most of the AFR non CNC line. You stroke that same motor to a 383 and use the flat top pistons you linked,,, and you have 10.41:1 static compression.

I don't know diddley about running E-85 and a blower, even with LOW boost I suspect 10.4:1 is going to be a VERY finicky combination.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:17 AM   #5
straitnate14

the heads our combustion chamber and I want to keep it around 8.5:1 if I can I would probably be safe with 9.5:1 but I want 8 if it's possible
Old 04-26-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
straitnate14

they are the CNC heads, 210cc with CNC intake and exhaust runners