The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
rcrahn

Hey ChiefRocka - Don't sell it......

John,
Just saw this on CL
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1238363970.html
There has just got to be another way to get your family into that house AND keep your baby????
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: Hey ChiefRocka - Don't sell it......

imo a pretty killer deal,sometimes there have to be sacrifices...
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one down the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrahn View Post
John,
Just saw this on CL
There has just got to be another way to get your family into that house AND keep your baby????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post
He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one doaywn the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.
Man this was supposed to be a secret !!!

Well this is the story....we are trying to sell our place, and have dropped the price already once. The prices are starting to go up here in San Jose, so we might be looking at MorganHill, Felton or even Gilroy.

Anyway, I think I have my jetski sold to a co-worker...another toy I didn't want to sell....(it's a 13 yr old 1100cc 2-stroker, but I've owned it since new, and runs like the first day it was dropped in water).....I'm letting that go for $2500...that alone will pay down a debt good enough to get me a home loan.....

I don't want to sell it, so when I listed the truck...I thought I was listing it high enough that noone would even look at it.....WRONG !!....I've recieved three calls on it already !!

Even my wife thinks I'm nuts...she know how much that POS means to me !!!

I have no yard now, no where to work/park stuff besides my shop.....

I have plans for my 4 and 8 yr olds....I want a big yard for them to play and grow in....You know ??

So we will see....

Thanks jonz and Twiggy for those words....

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
Frizzle Fry

Good priorities man You can always get another truck but we only get one childhood.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

I wish I was closer and had some cash to buy it and sit on it til your ready to buy it back. I would do that in a hurry if I was able. Good luck with your house and I think we will all be sad to see it go. Maybe you can turn the buyer on to the forum so it can still stay somewhat in a family.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
TwiggyTheDrummer
Keep It Simple Stupid.. Nope..

You're welcome Chief. So the jet-ski will get you into the zone in which you can get a loan, which I assume would be at the highest level in payments, etc. Basically at the level in which you're basically getting raped by the bank? Would you just use the money from the Chief to get the payment lower by a higher down payment or just for other things?

1963 GMC SWB Fleetside in Sunburst Orange Metallic
305E V6 w/ Plaid VC, Powerglide, BOSS 313 20" Chrome Wheels, Kumho Ecsta STX 275/45/R20's, Alpine/Clarion System, Dynomax Exhaust

Old custom classic trucks have soul. Their dashboards aren't plastic, and they've survived both the best and worst of what the 20th century had to offer. For the owners of these trucks, it's often the same story. Through both good and bad times they persevered, until one day they could turn the key and roll up in a customized truck everyone with good taste would admire.Custom Classic Trucks

Last edited by TwiggyTheDrummer; 06-28-2009 at 07:28 PM.
TwiggyTheDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
ClassicAutoResto
Rust Buster

Hey John, You could always move to Ky........50,000 would put you into a 3 BR with a decent yard. 100,000 would get you a 3-4 BR with acreage! GOOD LUCK! Jerry
ClassicAutoResto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrahn View Post
John,
Just saw this on CL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
Quote:
He's been going on with that for a little while. But atleast he could get one down the road. The family has to have a home, though. But with John's skills, he's set even if he has to start back over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Good priorities man You can always get another truck but we only get one childhood.
Spoken like a 'daddy'....thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
I wish I was closer and had some cash to buy it and sit on it til your ready to buy it back. I would do that in a hurry if I was able. Good luck with your house and I think we will all be sad to see it go. Maybe you can turn the buyer on to the forum so it can still stay somewhat in a family.
Thanks... Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAutoResto View Post
Hey John, You could always move to Ky........50,000 would put you into a 3 BR with a decent yard. 100,000 would get you a 3-4 BR with acreage! GOOD LUCK! Jerry

Cool...and work where ??

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW

www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
Old 06-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
Chevy Fleetside

I just think you won't be at the meets anymore. I have a feeling you would get another one anyway. I hope I never have to sell mine. A yard for the kids is nice. You know my yard but no fun back there. I am going to try and put in a swing for Luca though.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
ClassicAutoResto
Rust Buster

Cost of living is cheap here.....you can work at McD's and own a home. Your skills would do GREAT here! I know your heart is probably in Cali........
ClassicAutoResto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
slepysal

family first, I know what you mean.
Major props

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
ol Curt

Chief, Follow your heart. Owning a home is great for a family. You are very talented and could build another truck in some short time. Now is a good time to buy price wise if you don;t have to sell one first.

If there are any lawyer types on here, maybe they could draw something up where we could all co-op on the truck.....each owning a small piece and storing it near you, with you having an option to buy it out in a year or so. If we had enough of us that the money for each of us was a small amount, the truck could be sold for charity later on if you decided against it.

I know....my wife says i have some wild ideas sometimes too. But I am sincere.
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
70 Suburban
Rods

i dont know what you do man. but If I could put in a good word for you somewhere I would. I lived in cali and the cost of living is way to high for my blood. so now I live in texas.... it gets the job done

1965 C-10 Ext cab build. 350??(Does it count at 2 truck if I had to cut one up?)
1966 C-10 lwb 283 auto
1970 Suburban in pieces
1971 Blazer 4wd....restore someday. all factory CST
1972 Blazer 4wd parts truck still a roller
1972 GMC Sierra Grandee

1998 Chevy ext driver.
2005 F**D the wife drive...(cant fix women)
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
64Magoo

Go with what the wife thinks. If she thinks it's nuts to sell it then DON'T SELL IT. You will find a way around it.
64Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #16
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Quote:
You're welcome Chief. So the jet-ski will get you into the zone in which you can get a loan, which I assume would be at the highest level in payments, etc. Basically at the level in which you're basically getting raped by the bank? Would you just use the money from the Chief to get the payment lower by a higher down payment or just for other things?
Well my credit score is almost perfect (where I want it to be) I just need to pay a card down to about 20%...just that will bring up my score alot....There are so many nice, re-done homes that people have gone upside down on. That's what I'm looking into first. The sale of the ski is all I really would need anyway.

Quote:
I hear you man..other states sound so tempting !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
I just think you won't be at the meets anymore. I have a feeling you would get another one anyway. I hope I never have to sell mine. A yard for the kids is nice. You know my yard but no fun back there. I am going to try and put in a swing for Luca though.
Of course I'd be there...I'm still going to mod this s#!t hole !!! (that is if Shane doesn't fire me first)

Quote:
Cost of living is cheap here.....you can work at McD's and own a home. Your skills would do GREAT here! I know your heart is probably in Cali........
Cali man for sure, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
family first, I know what you mean.
Major props
Thanks Sal !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
Chief, Follow your heart. Owning a home is great for a family. You are very talented and could build another truck in some short time. Now is a good time to buy price wise if you don;t have to sell one first.

If there are any lawyer types on here, maybe they could draw something up where we could all co-op on the truck.....each owning a small piece and storing it near you, with you having an option to buy it out in a year or so. If we had enough of us that the money for each of us was a small amount, the truck could be sold for charity later on if you decided against it.

I know....my wife says i have some wild ideas sometimes too. But I am sincere.
Very much so, thanks man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Suburban View Post
i dont know what you do man. but If I could put in a good word for you somewhere I would. I lived in cali and the cost of living is way to high for my blood. so now I live in texas.... it gets the job done
I hear man, thanks. There are alot of good deals here right now...really good ones...just gotta make it happen with a little better money/credit.

Side Note: One guy flake on me to see the truck (YESSSS!!!!!!)

Another guy came by, and test drove it and really liked it (NOOOO!!!!)

But he wants an old rig for a Diesel conversion (duramax), I was like cool.

When he drove it, he was really easy on it...I said "Pull over, let me give you a real test drive"

Revved it up, dumped the clutch, and he was like "watch out!!" got the sucker sideways in 3 gears....he must of crapped his pants...

He was like "I'll let you know.."

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW

www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK

Last edited by ChiefRocka; 06-28-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
rcrahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
Man this was supposed to be a secret !!!

Well this is the story....we are trying to sell our place, and have dropped the price already once. The prices are starting to go up here in San Jose, so we might be looking at MorganHill, Felton or even Gilroy.

Anyway, I think I have my jetski sold to a co-worker...another toy I didn't want to sell....(it's a 13 yr old 1100cc 2-stroker, but I've owned it since new, and runs like the first day it was dropped in water).....I'm letting that go for $2500...that alone will pay down a debt good enough to get me a home loan.....

I don't want to sell it, so when I listed the truck...I thought I was listing it high enough that noone would even look at it.....WRONG !!....I've recieved three calls on it already !!

Even my wife thinks I'm nuts...she know how much that POS means to me !!!

I have no yard now, no where to work/park stuff besides my shop.....

I have plans for my 4 and 8 yr olds....I want a big yard for them to play and grow in....You know ??

So we will see....

Thanks jonz and Twiggy for those words....
John, you're a good man. I understand 100% what you want for those kids...All I am saying is there just may be a way to get the house AND keep the truck...Think outside the box man....Drum up some more side suspension jobs, dig up some more door sales/installs for Harry and chances are you'll earn what little more you need........
Wishing you and the family the best.....
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
1964C10

Really sorry to hear you are selling the truck John, I have not had the priviledge of meeting you but you have been a great help. Hope it all works out for you.

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
joe231

I second Magoo...listen to the wife....
anytime I didn't listen to the wife it ends up a bad deal...wives seem to have a 6th sense about this stuff.....

good luck with what ever goes down

Last edited by joe231; 06-29-2009 at 12:33 AM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #20
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

.... and with 2 kids, you are going to either need a crew,sub, or another truck for the wife to chase you!
thats kind of been on my mind, because the three current builds I have going are all 2 seaters...
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #21
jgh64pkup
Sunburst C10!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
When he drove it, he was really easy on it...I said "Pull over, let me give you a real test drive"

Revved it up, dumped the clutch, and he was like "watch out!!" got the sucker sideways in 3 gears....he must of crapped his pants...

He was like "I'll let you know.."

Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #22
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Well don't that beat all.......
Say it ain't so "Chief"........ Say it aint so.......
It's a 63..........
What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.

Last edited by 1Bad62Pro/Street; 06-29-2009 at 09:01 AM.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
jchav62
1962 C-10

Good luck with everything Chief. I hope everything works out for you...
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

John, I still say we need to have a $50 a ticket raffle for this rig on this site.

Mac.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #25
ol Curt

"John, I still say we need to have a $50 a ticket raffle for this rig on this site".

I'm in!
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote