The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
1966gmc
Why does it taste purple?

My 66' SWB Fleet build thread

Im finally going to sit down and make a thread.It will probably be a while before it is show quality if it ever makes it that far.So heres the story behind the Great Pumpkin.This past summer it was traded in at the dealership where I work at.I immediately wanted to buy it but no,it was goin to go on Ebay.Some guy up in NH I believe bought it and supposedly got it home and his wife did not approve of it.He wanted to get out of the deal.The dealership was goin to give him back 1500 bucks plus the truck to keep it.He didn't want to.It was shipped back to our dealership where it sat for another couple weeks waiting to go back on Ebay.I again told them I wanted it.Finally after begging and flashing cash in there face,it was mine.September 5th I took delivery on it.I did a little research on it and found it to originally have a inline 6 in it like many others.One of it's many PO's had installed a 86 SBC 350 in it while retaining the 3spd on the tree.The last state it was registered in was TN.Look familiar anyone?Let me know.Anyway back on subject.It is all drum brakes(for now).The only thing I did to it was make it somewhat safe to take to my first hotrod weekend in Ocean City Md back in Oct of 07.Lovely time.From there,I was hooked.I seen so many 60-66 Chevy and GMC trucks it was awesome.
Now for the good stuff
1966gmc is offline   Reply With Quote