The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
danheit

Little Off Topic, but oh well....

So I have gotten to the point where my 71 LWB is a solid DD, and I have been enjoying the crap out of it! Not only is it getting looks and compliments everywhere I go, but it is pulling it's fair share of workload around the house too. I'm on my 3rd set of tires in about a month and a half (must be a soft tire to wear out so soon), and I have come to the conclusion that 93 is the absolute minimum Octane I can run in her. Last weekend I went to Lowes and had them load two full pallets of mulch in the back of the truck. Fit like a glove! 60 bags per pallet, roughly 25 lbs per bag, you do the math. Couldn't even tell they were back there, and thanks to my HD suspension with the helper leaves, truck was perfectly level coming home! Now that I'm to the point of being happy with my truck, I have gotten to the "now what" stage. Anything else I want to do to my truck will take some serious $$ and put it down for a while, so that is not gonna happen, at least not this summer.

So....I have begun the search for a 72 Chevelle. My next door neighbor had one when I was growing up, and I had to stare at this thing every day. it was a 72 Black on black Malibu, and was a Beautiful car. I always wanted one, and got very close with my first car I ever purchased, which was a 69 Nova, but it just wasn't the same. HOWEVER, big kicker here is that I'm broke (as far as my toy budget goes) so I have to find something to trade. Don't worry, not trading my truck. I finally broke down and decided to trade my Jeep, a 1979 Jeep CJ7, which I've had for years, and had a build date of the day I was born. Jeep is built about as much as I'm gonna build it, and has been a wonderful toy, but I haven't driven it in nearly a year. Time for it to find a new home. Off to search tempest I go to find a decent Chevelle that someone is willing to trade straight up for my Jeep. I feel my Jeep is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $9K, but know it's nearly impossible to get that back out of it, so am willing to do about a 5-6K comparable trade. Found a 72 about 4hrs from my house that seems solid, needs a paint job and a front bumper and grill (according to pics and the owner's statements). Very excited about it and am hoping everything works out. I will be VERY sad to lose my jeep, but like I said, I'm not really using it anymore, and I have been having a ton of fun with the C10. It's really made me appreciate the joys of something fast and loud again! I know all that was off topic, but just wanted to share with you guys, as I'm sure that many of you have other projects going on and can appreciate where I'm at. As soon as I get things worked out, I will post some pictures.
1979 Jeep CJ7 - Build date on the day I was born! -Keeper
2004 Expedition - Family Hauler
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote