The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
69 Okie Truck

It's crushing....

Rollin' thru Selma in my Peterbilt today. Parked for a break and looked up to see this...

He had a few old Chevs already smashed. There's a 67-68 on bottom and a 69-70 on top of it, and some more on the trailer. Looking at what was left, they appeared to have had lotsa good stuff to salvage before they were turned into scrap.

He said he picked 'em up in some obscure Alabama locale, and that they came from some guy who had a field of "old trucks", "'bout 90" were his words. The truck driver said it was a private individual, not a wrecking yard, and that he might be getting about $380 per as scrap. I told him to get me the guys number so I could talk to him and see if he didn't want to offer 'em up for parts first.
Attached Images

69 Okie Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
69 Okie Truck

Re: It's crushing....

BTW, I'm a long haul trucker from Texas. These would do me no good. But, would I be allowed, per forum rules, to post the locale or info if I were to run across some old trucks out in a field?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
travlinman

not sure about the rule thing as im always in the rules are made to be broken mode. but im sure just some local info on the trucks and knowing that the owners ok with being bothered with phone calls im sure it would be ok ....
what kinda pete u have? have any pics? im a local owner/op with a 92 exhd day cab.
82 c30 crew cab dually ( now building )
91 r30 crew cab dually (parted and gone)
69 swb-sold
71 lab sold
all in progress......__
..........._______ |__\__
..........|__(O)______(O)] ........................

Last edited by travlinman; 09-20-2010 at 10:32 PM.
travlinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
70cst

Passing on info would be a good thing. I wonder how many of our trucks with good parts go this way???

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
69 Okie Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinman View Post
not sure about the rule thing as im always in the rules are made to be broken mode. but im sure just some local info on the trucks and knowing that the owners ok with being bothered with phone calls im sure it would be ok ....
what kinda pete u have? have any pics? im a local owner/op with a 92 exhd day cab.

I'm long haul running reefer for a major fleet. I drive a Black 2010 387 with a Cummins and an apu as a lease operator until next year, when I buy the truck. I've driven a bunch of 'em but love the roomy interior on my model. Since I often go out for three months at a time, every square inch of room is precious.

I'm rolling from 'Bama to Cali as we speak.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Okie Truck View Post
Rollin' thru Selma in my Peterbilt today. Parked for a break and looked up to see this...

He had a few old Chevs already smashed. There's a 67-68 on bottom and a 69-70 on top of it, and some more on the trailer. Looking at what was left, they appeared to have had lotsa good stuff to salvage before they were turned into scrap.

He said he picked 'em up in some obscure Alabama locale, and that they came from some guy who had a field of "old trucks", "'bout 90" were his words. The truck driver said it was a private individual, not a wrecking yard, and that he might be getting about $380 per as scrap. I told him to get me the guys number so I could talk to him and see if he didn't want to offer 'em up for parts first.
that 67 atthe bottom looked what would have been a perfect passenger fender
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
69 Okie Truck

Yep...I looked at it closely and could see no damage except for the fresh crushing it had received. The whole front clip appeared to have been straight and other than the patina, in damn good shape.

I took another pic of some of the other trucks, but forgot to save it on my phone.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
travlinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Okie Truck View Post
I'm long haul running reefer for a major fleet. I drive a Black 2010 387 with a Cummins and an apu as a lease operator until next year, when I buy the truck. I've driven a bunch of 'em but love the roomy interior on my model. Since I often go out for three months at a time, every square inch of room is precious.

I'm rolling from 'Bama to Cali as we speak.
oh cool i ran a 2008 389 48" flat top with a stainless spread axle reefer for a freind for a 1 1/2 yrs hualed produce but never went past texas, mostley az back to la. loved that 389 with all the new looks but still had a old feel to it. decided i needed to be closer to home so i put the day cab back to work.
82 c30 crew cab dually ( now building )
91 r30 crew cab dually (parted and gone)
69 swb-sold
71 lab sold
all in progress......__
..........._______ |__\__
..........|__(O)______(O)] ........................
travlinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
flashed

I have tried posting about trucks for sale and parts trucks to help others out there that may be interested and they were deleted because the admins apparently thought they were mine .I dont sell anything personally ,I prefer to give it away if its extra. Its a shame those were crushed.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote