The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Smurfeh

Transmission Leak

Alright guys, I've been trying to find a part catalogue part number for an o-ring but cant seem to find it hoping someone here might have what I'm looking for.

Transmission is a 4L60e 2007 new body style.
The Leak is coming from the Circular Electrical plug mounted on the upper face of the transmission right beside the heat shield you guys know the one... its on the passanger side of the transmission. Its just pouring out of there. Obviously there is an o-ring or seal there that has gone south on me. Anyone ever have to change it? Also if someone can hook me the Part number for the seal or a Parts catalogue reference would outstanding!! Thanks guys!
Smurfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
dayj1

Re: Transmission Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfeh View Post
Alright guys, I've been trying to find a part catalogue part number for an o-ring but cant seem to find it hoping someone here might have what I'm looking for.

Transmission is a 4L60e 2007 new body style.
The Leak is coming from the Circular Electrical plug mounted on the upper face of the transmission right beside the heat shield you guys know the one... its on the passanger side of the transmission. Its just pouring out of there. Obviously there is an o-ring or seal there that has gone south on me. Anyone ever have to change it? Also if someone can hook me the Part number for the seal or a Parts catalogue reference would outstanding!! Thanks guys!
The o-ring you want is here: http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-000035277.htm

I think the GM part number is 12129390, but double check that before you order it.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Smurfeh

Right on thank you! I looked into it further and that part number has been superseded I have the new o-ring on order. They wanted me to buy the entire internal wiring harness for this trans to get the o-ring.. what a joke. The even bigger joke is they wanted $10 for just the o-ring itself.. that packing better be made of gold and cook me god damn supper when I pick it up. $10 for a packing.. unreal haha
Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
clinebarger

I would be floored if the O-ring is the cause of the leak, The harness itself leaking is more likely.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Smurfeh

Well the sealing o-ring around the cannon plug that comes out on topof the trans is where it is leaking from right around the base of the plug itself. I'm also able to get about 1/2" of vertical movement out of the plug itself with ease.. if there was a o-ring there, there be at least some sort of resistance to movement right? I should note that this Transmission is a REMANUFACTURED trans right from GM. Now we all know its possible to get bung parts even from OEM.

Sounds like you know the animal Im talking about... If I have misdiagnosed this please enlighten me. If you're talking about the harness itself leaking are you implying that it would be leaking past the pins on the plug? Look forward to your response...
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
clinebarger

Sounds like the locks are broke on the harness bulkhead, If the lock were engaging...The vertical movement would be no more than 1/8", It will not push all the way in the trans because the EPC solenoid is directly under it. But can go far enough when you push the connector on to leak.

You will have to pull the harness either way, After removing the pan, The 1-2 Accumulator & EPC solenoid will need to be removed before the harness bulkhead.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote