The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
DaHos

Low mount Alt ?

In the process of planning my front drive accessories. Motor is 2010 w VVT (LS3/Truck spacing). I will be using a "car" intake and looking for opinions on the low mount alternator w /upper ps pump. Also still looking into water pump configurations.....any input? THX !!! FYI: 67 C10
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
sprint_9

Re: Low mount Alt ?

I went with Holley's low mount, when using this specific mount and you have a 67-72 you will probably have to trim your frame for the alternator to fit, atleast this is what I found in my install. I ended up trimming about a 1/2 inch off of my frame, this did allow me to run a 140 amp alternator though.

On water pump I would recommend a 2010 LS3 Camaro water pump, with this pump the upper hose comes out toward the drivers side more like a stock 350 for these trucks. You can then run a stock style radiator with a hose that fits, this allows for a nice short hose. I have a hose part number (not on me at the moment) but haven't gotten far enough on my build to see how it fits.
Attached Images

Last edited by sprint_9; 03-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
darrellyates

Re: Low mount Alt ?

The GM factory Cadillac front accessory drive setup is nearly identical to your picture. I'll post it on my LS3. It does run a low mount a/c compressor, which Vintage Air doesn't recommend, so I put a different high mount for the compressor, and used a longer belt. Works pretty well though. Am going to post a picture of it before I got all the sheet metal on so you can see it.

I found the GM system to be extremely cost effective. Think it was $800 with the alternator, power steering pump, and a/c compressor. I sold the compressor for $300, so I only had $500 for the drive system. Might have been too much, but was a bargain compared to to the March system I looked at.
Attached Images

darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote