The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
JJanzen

1972 SWB Cheyenne Super Survivor

I bought this vehicle about 3 years ago with the intention of restoring it. Now I am thinking about selling it because I built the identical truck from ground up and want my next project to go in a different direction.

Truck has complete new suspension with ECE 3 1/2"/5" lowering kit, new 255 and 275R60x15's on rallys, new dual exhaust with glass packs, new ECE hidden hitch, new bucket seat covers, 350/350 combo has about 10,000 miles on it. I also have new blue carpet, a new blue S10 GM steering wheel, new upper and lower trim that I am currently restoring (new anodized...not clear coated) and a number of other new or rebuilt parts.

As far as the sheet metal goes. Front clip is very good and could be perfect with very little work. Cab has rust in floor, rockers, I think cab corners are good. Doors need to be replaced. Wing windows are good but cab & windows need all new felt and rubber. All glass is good except windshield needs to be replaced. Chrome trim around windshield and rear window is good and just needs to be polished. Tailgate is essentially a brand new GM. Bumpers are very good driver quality but not show quality.

Lastly, I have a brand new GM front clip that is in primer, I am in the process of purchasing a cab that will be brand new and in primer shortly. I have brand new rebuilt 72 doors with new outer skins and interior that has been blasted and waterproofed. I am willing to part with the new cab, doors and front clip if somebody wants them. All of those parts were blasted prior to bodywork. My sandblaster says the bed can be saved. It had a spray in liner in it when I bought it an I tore it out. Water got up in under the spray in liner and caused some rust issues but my sandblaster said he can save everything but the back two corners by the tailgate. It also looks like it was hit it the left rear corner once and was body filled. I was planning on sandblasting the entire bed and spraying the inside and the bottom with spray in bedliner after the rust was removed. I don't think the floor will be nice enough for smooth paint.

I have a lot of money in this vehicle and am considering selling it. I know the economy sucks and I don't expect to get out of it what I have in it. I also would not hestitate driving anywhere in the US from Denver. It runs really strong. What do you guys think it's worth.....with or without the new clip, new cab and new doors? Thanks for all your opinions.

Joel
Attached Images