The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
toyplumbertrucks

Question 1972 Chevy Cab from Nevada

I bought this from a guy and had it shipped to me, I am just south of Chicago. It is in good shape for a project but the guy did not tell me it did not have a title. I have my rusted out cab and title, but I may just want to sell this as a whole, it ain't perfect but I know enough to know it ain't junk. What is it worth, I am not selling it yet, unless it is worth
Attached Images

toyplumbertrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
toyplumbertrucks

Re: 1972 Chevy Cab from Nevada

More Pics
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
toyplumbertrucks

Even more pics
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
toyplumbertrucks

Well I have had a few people say this looks really rough, but my orange and white cap looked equally as rough before I got started. After the fenders and doors and such came off we found the gem that it is today. Solid floors and cab mounts and cab corners , backside of the rockers in really good shape and a good firewall and cowl, not to mention a good windsheild frame factory AC and a uncut radio opening.That hole under back window is put there not rusted there, if quys are smart enough to patch rockers, patch dashes, change windsheid frames and cab mounts, surely this freakin hole ain't a big deal. All the original hardware is still holding this thing together, that is rare by itself. Someone is missing out on a good find in the mid west. So my question has now changed to: Do I disassemble the dog house and doors and seat and gastank to prove that this is a great find? I would think so, but than other folks would say "why did you take it apart". Well it is winter and if I get cabin fever that may be what I do. By the way I took pictures of the bad parts to be real with everyone, not the good parts like most other people would do.

Last edited by toyplumbertrucks; 12-30-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
toyplumbertrucks

I also forgot to mention the factory cargo light, the factory headliner, the good windsheild with factory trim, the good back window with factory trim, original wire harness's, good ac boxs all in their original spots . Hell , the more I think about it this cab is really loaded. I just might make another 14 year project out of it.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Todd68Chevy

Are you wanting to sell the whole truck or just the cab? The biggest problem I see is the no title. The second problem is shipping. There is no good way to ship it and cost a lot for a road trip to pick it up. So that makes it a fairly local saleing area. In my area I would hope the cab would be worth $500.00 but I am not sure it would sell for that. I think it should be worth more but that seems to be the area I have seen. You would get more out of the entire truck if you part it out but that takes time and effort to do that. If you are wanting to know about the entire truck, is it 1/2 or 3/4 ton?

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
toyplumbertrucks

I already paid to have it shipped to chicago so I have about $1100.00 into it, I just rested on a frame that was just laying around to keep it mobile, so I was just trying to sell the cab and doghouse,but I have a additional $300 into that frame. I was hoping I was getting the title and I was gonna but these pieces together along with a big block I recently had rebuild and try to sell as a complete truck, but that makes me nervous because than it is a truck that never had a title. So than I was hoping to sell to someone in the rust belt in which I live to replace a rusted cab on a truck with a almost rustfree cab (with the exception of the rocker panel and drip rail). So I was hoping to get a value as it sits. Or do I just cut my losses? It took me a long time to find my cab that I used on my truck, I paid 600.00 dollars for it and traveled a total of 6 hours to get it, and that was 12 years ago. Surely decent cabs like this are getting harder to find especially where I live. The good news is I have a dry location at work to keep it and it is not costing me any money to store it and it is not in the way. I just need to figure out what I am gonna do with it. I would hate to part a piece like this that is so complete with so many factory options out. If I was a paint and body guy this would be a easy money maker. Oh the frame is a factory automatic 3/4 ton with a power steering box and drive shafts on it and motor mounts and transmount on it. I just thought people in to these trucks would be all over it.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Todd68Chevy

I am not saying it should not be worth more because I feel it should be but I am just talking from my dealings with people. I have several people contact me about cabs and I have had 2 that were repaired/ descent cabs that I thought would be an easy sell and most people calling about them never even show up and if they did they thought they were going to be ready to prime, paint and install for $500.00. The first cab I sold by trading parts and then that guy ended up reselling it because he found a complete truck. The second one I have I cut up for patch panels. I had the second cab at a swap meet and was talking to a guy from Georgia and he was in Indiana looking for rust free cab. He said he knew where one was mint condition, rust free for $3000 for the cab. So I asked him why he was still looking. If it is as good as he said, then I think that would be a deal instead of driving all around the country looking for something cheaper.

My pricing was for a bare stripped out cab. The more that is included with that makes a difference also so you need to be specific with what is included. Not just frame and doghouse but a/c items, steering column, pedals, seat, tank, cluster, doors, glass, ect.

I would say where you are located is a lot better than where I am because you have all the people in Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinios that are close enough to make the trip. This section does not get a lot of attention so my suggestion would be that if you want to sell it. Come up with a price that you are happy with and list it for sale. I know there are 2 guys on this site that are looking for cabs right now and they might be interested. They are not extremely far from you and I think they would be willing to travel. Like I said before the pricing is so different from area to area that what things bring down here and up there might be different. If you do not need to sell it then that makes a difference also. Good luck

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
toyplumbertrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68Chevy View Post
I am not saying it should not be worth more because I feel it should be but I am just talking from my dealings with people. I have several people contact me about cabs and I have had 2 that were repaired/ descent cabs that I thought would be an easy sell and most people calling about them never even show up and if they did they thought they were going to be ready to prime, paint and install for $500.00. The first cab I sold by trading parts and then that guy ended up reselling it because he found a complete truck. The second one I have I cut up for patch panels. I had the second cab at a swap meet and was talking to a guy from Georgia and he was in Indiana looking for rust free cab. He said he knew where one was mint condition, rust free for $3000 for the cab. So I asked him why he was still looking. If it is as good as he said, then I think that would be a deal instead of driving all around the country looking for something cheaper.

My pricing was for a bare stripped out cab. The more that is included with that makes a difference also so you need to be specific with what is included. Not just frame and doghouse but a/c items, steering column, pedals, seat, tank, cluster, doors, glass, ect.

I would say where you are located is a lot better than where I am because you have all the people in Wisconsin, Michigan and Illinios that are close enough to make the trip. This section does not get a lot of attention so my suggestion would be that if you want to sell it. Come up with a price that you are happy with and list it for sale. I know there are 2 guys on this site that are looking for cabs right now and they might be interested. They are not extremely far from you and I think they would be willing to travel. Like I said before the pricing is so different from area to area that what things bring down here and up there might be different. If you do not need to sell it then that makes a difference also. Good luck
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate you being honest . I think we both agree these things are not going for what they should be. I will take your advice.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Skruffy

I don't know that there is a good answer to WIW on this one. I have an entire Texas truck with the cab in better condition that I want 1500.00 for.

I agree that it seems a rust free cab should be worth more in our area, but what it comes down to is the right person wanting it at the right time.
Skruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
toyplumbertrucks

ttt
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #12
lousblown55chevy

How bad is the drip rail ? What is your zip code , I am in Saint Louis
Also any idea on price I only need the bare cab. Thanks Louis
lousblown55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
toyplumbertrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousblown55chevy View Post
How bad is the drip rail ? What is your zip code , I am in Saint Louis
Also any idea on price I only need the bare cab. Thanks Louis
The drip rail above the windsheild is fine, the one on the passenger side needs some work, I will get a picture today and post. My zip code is 46324.
I am not sure if I want to break this thing down for parts yet. The cab is definetly the best piece of this bunch and it may take awhile to sell the rest of this stuff off, and I don't really have a good place to store all the pieces if I take it apart. Please keep in mind it is only the cab and doghouse and everything bolted to it. The frame and bed do not go with it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
lousblown55chevy

still waiting for pics and more details on the front clip if you dont want to seperate
lousblown55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
toyplumbertrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyplumbertrucks View Post
The drip rail above the windsheild is fine, the one on the passenger side needs some work, I will get a picture today and post. My zip code is 46324.
I am not sure if I want to break this thing down for parts yet. The cab is definetly the best piece of this bunch and it may take awhile to sell the rest of this stuff off, and I don't really have a good place to store all the pieces if I take it apart. Please keep in mind it is only the cab and doghouse and everything bolted to it. The frame and bed do not go with it.
Pics of drip rail
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
toyplumbertrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousblown55chevy View Post
still waiting for pics and more details on the front clip if you dont want to seperate
Pics of drip rail and front clip
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
toyplumbertrucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyplumbertrucks View Post
A few more
Attached Images