The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Its not for sale, well maybe, I dunno?

So we had our big spring swap meet this weekend. I didn't bring anything to sell this time. Drove my K20 so I could bring my little "race car" and show it off to my friends that have only seen it online.

Weird what a big hit it was to all the people walking about. I was actually out and about a lot of the time ... much easier to do when you aren't selling.
Well the guys finally got tired of saying not its not for sale and it has a Honda engine. So they put a card board sign on the seat. Not for sale powered by Honda haha! They told me one guy was actually kinda PO'd ... Well why did he bring it if its not for sale!?

So I came back from one of my jaunts around the meet, bought a bunch of toy cars and trucks for my grandson, and Livrat said hey I gave your phone number to a guy and his kid. They want to buy the K20. Kept looking at it and asking if it was for sale. Mark said, Well he is kind of wishy washy when it comes to selling his stuff. It was so funny to me because anyone that knows me knows I really am all over the place haha.

So later I get a call. Yeah I'm calling about the K20 you have for sale ... Well its not really for sale, but I guess if I got the right money I would sell it. So we chatted about it for awhile and agreed on a price. He and his son came by our spot a little later to check it out a little closer. Thank goodness Livrat was there because he built and owned the truck for 30 years. They were asking me questions and I finally gave up ... Hey Mark, come talk to these guys would you?

Now its a put together truck from a 4wheel drive and a 2wheel drive. I have title to both parts haha. But the guy is from Canada, so hes checking in to see if there will be any problems ... Deal may not even go through. He wanted to give me money down, but I said it wasn't necessary because the truck isn't on the market and if this doesn't go through with you guys there isn't anyone waiting in the wings.

So there ya go ... Oh wait, I really really love this truck. Im having second thoughts now. But I have my panel, my burb, my K10 and enough parts to put together a shorty C10. But this is a great truck. But I promised that I would get down to a truck and a car. But me and a buddy are talking about getting a place where we can put all of our car and truck stuff. But ,,, Ugh, I guess Ill wait to hear from the guy and take it from there.