The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
AzDon

Re: Meet Ziggy...Our '72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808humbo1 View Post
Here's Ziggy....We got him off a trade for our 69 VW bug. The best trade we've ever done! We have a lot planned for him and i'll probably be bugging you guys on here with all sorts of questions! haha. He has a 383 stroker with a turbo 350 trans...decent interior (minus the PO cutting a huge hole in the dash for the cd player)....some immediate plans are to re do the exhaust, get some side mirrors, bullet lugs with a bullet cone push thru for the wheels, drop him as far the ground as possible and maybe some tint....ill post more pics as we progress but here are some starter pics.....thanks in advance for all the help i'll get from all of you!

ps. i'll get more pics up later this weekend.....
Great catch! You're gonna love it!
You've already got wheels that can be made to look awesome very inexpensively. Those centercaps may not look it now, but they are entirely chromed and were sprayed at the factory with some kind of "opaquing" coating on the base around the lugnuts that can be stripped with acetone.
The ugly hold-down bolts can be replaced with 5/16" buttonhead stainless allen bolts.
With the hub covers shiny and a set of stainless trim rings, those wheels would look excellent blacked out.
That style of wheel was made in several different widths in both five and six lug. Cool thing about the 72 is it came equipped five lug with front disc brakes!
Enjoy!
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote