The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
bskylerj
Account Suspended

New Motor, New Video Of Dyno Run... 587 Rwhp

Alright here we go. Many of saw the video I put last year of the truck and motor when we got it done. Unfortunatly I had ran to lean on 2 cylinders (which started melting the pistons) and had a wrist pin failure on another. That is I guess the nature of the beast. I actually had built that motor before I decided to supercharge it and it just plain to much compression and not suited to have a supercharger..... Lesson learned...

We rebuilt this 454 and went .60 over. I went as a full blower setup and is ready to go. this video is from yesterday. We have only broke the motor in and have let it run in the shop while working on other items on the truck. I still need to get another converter though, I have a hughes 3500 and it is just to loose. We are blowing through it so I whave ordered a new TCI converter which will lock up alot better. With that being said we still hit 587.41 Rear wheel Horse power and 514 Ft lbs of torque at 6000rpm. We built the motor to go higher but really would like a little more time on it first. Oh ya forgot to mention that we have the ProCharger pushing 14lbs of boost at that.

I am confident that with the new converter and some time on the motor it should pull 625 to 640 rear wheel horsepower. This would put it at about 800 horse at the crank.

Not to bad for a show truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, I do drive it on the street as well..... when I can get it to hook up...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...f2001d7c84.htm
bskylerj is offline   Reply With Quote